ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: You too can crash a PM5D  (Read 13472 times)

Tom Reid

Re: You too can crash a PM5D
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2005, 05:42:34 AM »

JP wrote on Tue, 16 August 2005 21:57

Wow. Coming from a guy who ADVERTISES he mixes on a Peavey console. Your'e right. What AM I doing here???

JP

PS>>>> before all of you go having a bitch fit, imagine if this guy had posted this to D.

PSS>>> and now that I think about it, this is something I DO agree with D about: {besides shifter karts} Weekenders belong in the LOUNGE. [to paraphrase i believe from his blog, hope thats ok by the copyright police]

I am truly impressed by your lack of people skills.

Both paranoid, and elitest.

You should get out more.
tom

What does Buddha do on his day off?

Charlie Jeal

• http://www.beyondthedarkside.com
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2005, 07:21:02 AM »

Quote:

Well, in this industry most of us have to crawl before we can fly...and hope we don't crash

Maybe it's best to avoid any of the digital surfaces then ?  Shocked  Shocked .

To put it simply we all have our preferences reagrding desks, I'd rather have an XL4 out front than any of the digital options, having said that I'll use what's there, they all have their strong and weak points.

Charlie

It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others !!

Tom Manchester

• http://www.electrosoundsystems.com
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2005, 08:42:54 AM »

CharlieJ wrote on Wed, 17 August 2005 07:21

Quote:

Well, in this industry most of us have to crawl before we can fly...and hope we don't crash

Maybe it's best to avoid any of the digital surfaces then ?  Shocked  Shocked .

To put it simply we all have our preferences reagrding desks, I'd rather have an XL4 out front than any of the digital options, having said that I'll use what's there, they all have their strong and weak points.

Charlie

you left out the smiley. I was refering to the fact that Evan was being slammed for his use of a peavey console. Unless you got some lucky break chances are everyone here at some point was mixing on a peavey, mackie, etc. I don't like the fact that people higher up the food chain always knock peavey, mackie, etc. Some of us are doing the best with what we can. we aren't all privelaged to mix on a quarter million dollar console.

-Tom
Electro Sound Systems

Riley Casey

• http://www.ESPsound.com
Re: You too can trash a forum
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2005, 09:04:32 AM »

This thread has I think pretty well put the last nail in the coffin of the  ' ProSoundWeb ' as a forum for professional live sound engineers.  There is a shared culpability in this both on the part of those poking the sharp verbal sticks and those of us standing around egging them on.  

Things have been slipping for some time and it's hard to say how many requests to compare one bar band PA with another Guitar Center weekly special it takes to finally do the forum in but it's certainly done.

I'm profoundly sorry to see it go but it's well & truly gone.

Eric Snodgrass

« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2005, 09:08:00 AM »

Quote:

heres what i don't understand. where is your post to dave saying " dave you really have taken this to a PERSONAL level. calling people a PUNK, saying I'm sticking this in JP's face, etc, is PERSONAL.

Dave took this to a personal level on his own website, where those quotes you use there originated.

Quote:

Thanks for your opinion Eric. I would have GLADLY posted it on dave's site, but 'he controls the content'. and as i said before, he started the attacks, ON THIS SITE, and by the way he wasn't the only one. i don't remember you telling him that this wasn't the place for personal attacks then, did you?

JP

No, in that original thread I didn't tell Dave this wasn't the place for personal attacks, just as I didn't tell you the same thing in that thread.  
Dave didn't start a new thread with the sole purpose of personally attacking another poster on this forum.  
You did.  
That's why these comments were addressed to you.  
I'm not interested in this forum becoming just another slam-fest like so many other audio forums out there.  
Eric Snodgrass
No, really, I do this for a living.

DanDraper

« Reply #25 on: August 17, 2005, 09:17:19 AM »

Flak jacket on.... bomb proof bunker open and ready to dive into

OK... first off this is not a personal statement, i mean no offense to either of you by this... I respect you both, both of you have far more knowledge of pro audio than I do.  I have a lot to learn from both of you.

but...

GROW UP!

you sound like a pair of school kids, not pros.

this gos for the whole forum as well tbh.

and btw... even expensive analogue desks crash... (i'm probably the one person who crashed an XL200!!!)

cheers
-----------------------------------------

Dan
<><
http://www.jerichosound.co.uk

John Chiara

« Reply #26 on: August 20, 2005, 02:55:49 PM »

JP[/quote]
No, in that original thread I didn't tell Dave this wasn't the place for personal attacks, just as I didn't tell you the same thing in that thread.  
Dave didn't start a new thread with the sole purpose of personally attacking another poster on this forum.  
You did.  
That's why these comments were addressed to you.  
I'm not interested in this forum becoming just another slam-fest like so many other audio forums out there.  [/quote]

I've avoided this but here goes. Ever think that the reason these forums become slam-fests..as well as how families become abusive and men beat their women..is because most everyone assumes a whole bunch of shit they can not know??!!
Read back over the responses here and see how many times times someone..including each poster..has openly admitted to being led one way or another without having the proper info to know the facts. This is a listening deficiency and a really bad habit. This is real life crap that we all know and love..and what causes ALL the problems. I know some high profile..world class guys who don't frequent this forum because of just that.
We need to get over ourselves..be open to opinions...and get the friggin' chip of our shoulder... and deal with whatever we have to..for the sake of the ART. Just because we do one job or another does not make us better people unless we undertake the task ourselves. If we want to encourage novices the best way is to offer open discussion on all subjects that may have a bearing on the job..and I think we all would agree that taking things personally almost never furthers the cause...so lets get better at that and teach THAT...a lot of the rest will just fall into place.

"mix is a verb, not a noun" Sooo, as Aunt Bea would say.."Get to it!!!"

John A. Chiara aka. Blind Johnny
Albany Audio Associates Inc.
Troy, NY
518-961-0069 - cell

Baron Gray

Re: No more please Gentlemen
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2005, 05:56:45 AM »

I was just going to sit back and enjoy but, I ran out of beer Mad  Mad  Mad  Mad !

Dave.......You do not need to defend yourself. The masses here know who you are......and why am I even typing this? Very Happy

JP.........I can see that you might feel the need to take a shot at Dave but why not do it on PMs then you guys can sort it, shake hands and come back smiling Cool . Language is a difficult enough medium to convey ideas. Ever had the argument with your better half and realised that you both had the same basic idea but 'thought' you were disagreeing?

BUT...JP...Please refrain from taking cheap shots at some of the upcoming stars of this business. They might not be mixing on an XL4 (yeah, yeah...or a PM5D) today but they might be the guys that just do you out of a gig tomorrow! If you didn't like their comment, a more constructive response (or even just ignoring it) would be preferable to a character attack.
I know a few lowly 'weekenders', as you call them, that could blow away some on much higher and very shaky perches.

Let us keep it professional and agree or agree to disagree.

Baron

Maybe we need a new forum called the 'Ring' were these types of threads can be sent to sort it out, away from the PRO sound board.  
See, you can't rewrite, 'cause to rewrite is to deceive and lie, and you betray your own thoughts. To rethink the flow and the rhythm, the tumbling out of the words, is a betrayal, and it's a sin, Martin, it's a sin.

Hank from the 'Naked Lunch'

Eric Dodson

• http://www.specialeventaudio.com
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2005, 11:55:20 AM »

I have to agree with Baron on this one.
Creating a forum called "The Ring" sounds like a great idea for this type of discussion / drama. After all, if your any kind of veteran in this business, one thing you try to avoid is DRAMA.
Eric Dodson

Jim Duyck

« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2005, 03:48:58 PM »

is Days of our Lives on? Very Happy
~jim~

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2005, 03:48:58 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 23 queries.