ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shure Axient  (Read 8755 times)

Karl P(eterson)

Shure Axient
« on: February 15, 2011, 01:00:47 PM »

I haven't seen much chatter about this either here or on the old site.

Has anyone been given any idea what the ballpark pricing may be on this stuff? It's obviously not UHF-R pricing, but is 30~50% more, or 2x more?

I'm looking at a largeish RF system for Q2/Q3 and am wanting to get a feeling if I need to recommend we hold tight for a bit longer, or if it is going to be priced well beyond this project.

If anyone knows anything I'd like to hear from you, either onsite or via PM.

Thanks,

Karl P

Steven Barnes

• SBTS Inc.
Re: Shure Axient
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2011, 02:15:33 PM »

We have a Shure dealership here, and I haven't seen anything about pricing yet. It definitely has some nice features and will really help in RF heavy areas.

Our rep just came in last week to show us some of the stuff going on with it, but didn't have any of the units with him.

Ill let you know if I come up with anything,
Audio Engineering, Design, Consulting
SBTS Inc.
www.sbts-inc.com

Roger Talkov

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2011, 03:03:14 PM »

We saw the Axient system at NAMM and our rep was here yesterday. There are currently no prices available yet according to him.

Oakie Pitakskul

« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2011, 05:04:05 AM »

Looking at the feature set,, I'm ready to shell out $$$ for it, Even at the Old Sennheiser 5000 series price its worth it if it almost guarantees a good show w/o the RF issues.. Good job GH and the team in Niles..

Karl P(eterson)

« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2011, 11:19:45 AM »

Thanks for the info guys, if anyone hears please let me know!

I hope they aren't 5000 series expensive, but who knows?

Karl P

Oakie Pitakskul

« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2011, 01:12:25 PM »

Can't wait to see it at MEsse in a month or so..

Ville Kauhanen

• Helsinki Pro Audio Ltd.
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, 05:04:32 PM »

I've seen a complete Axient system being used on a demo. Seems like a great tool for very serious business.

Axient and UHF-R systems mix up well in different ways to make a complete system which is great. A complete Axient system will not be cheap with Axient Frequency Manager and several ShowLink Access Points but the functionality, control and telemetry you get with these devices with the new Wireless Workbench 6 is something else.

In the Axient handheld TX there are two separate transmitters and one receiver (or transceiver) with the regular stuff and I think the price atleast for the HH TX will be closer to 2x UR2 TX.

They were also talking about superior sound quality over UHF-R and other stuff that would indicate higher price. There were also claims about superiour RF performance over other brands but I would not comment on that.

I liked what I saw and next time I'm being asked about using wireless mics for something very important I'll still vote for hardwired any time possible but this system will be my favorite solution after the hardwired.

Ville Kauhanen

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, 05:04:32 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 25 queries.