Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > LAB: The Classic Live Audio Board

Shure Axient

<< < (2/2)

Oakie Pitakskul:
Can't wait to see it at MEsse in a month or so..

Ville Kauhanen:
I've seen a complete Axient system being used on a demo. Seems like a great tool for very serious business.

Axient and UHF-R systems mix up well in different ways to make a complete system which is great. A complete Axient system will not be cheap with Axient Frequency Manager and several ShowLink Access Points but the functionality, control and telemetry you get with these devices with the new Wireless Workbench 6 is something else.

In the Axient handheld TX there are two separate transmitters and one receiver (or transceiver) with the regular stuff and I think the price atleast for the HH TX will be closer to 2x UR2 TX.

They were also talking about superior sound quality over UHF-R and other stuff that would indicate higher price. There were also claims about superiour RF performance over other brands but I would not comment on that.

I liked what I saw and next time I'm being asked about using wireless mics for something very important I'll still vote for hardwired any time possible but this system will be my favorite solution after the hardwired.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version