ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: LAB's under concrete stage  (Read 2407 times)

Bogdan Popescu

LAB's under concrete stage
« on: September 14, 2005, 02:02:02 am »

Hi,

I have to install 2 LAB's under a concrete stage since there is no other place to put them. The event will have live music and techno playback as well. The stage is small, in the corner, and only ~70cm high so only 2 LAB's on the side get there.
I fear there might be cancellations from the back of the sub's.
Do i have to worry ??? I really should know what to aspect before i get there.

------------------------
----^-------------|sssss|
----|---------------\tttt|
---20m------------\aaa|
----|----------------\gg|
----|-----------------\e|
----|-------------------|
------------------------

Cool graphics ;D   ...

B.P.

Gary Perrett

Re: LAB's under concrete stage
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2005, 09:29:56 am »

I think the real problem here is will the space around the subs, under the stage, turn it into a Hermoltz resonator? You see it done all the time @ festivals, but then again there is a lot of space under those sheds. If its the ONLY place, and you HAVE to put them there, you may need to do some fiddling with the EQ and gain of the subs so it doesn't get away from you.

You may need to settle for a lower level than you would like in order to keep the subs from really getting away from you.

I don't know, just my $.02
Gary
We the few who have done so much, for so long, with so little, now feel we can do everything with nothing...

fernand

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2005, 10:04:42 am »

Sometimes, a constraint can be a blessing.

If you can make one single lab fire into the far corner under the stage (leaving say 80 cm between the lab mouth border and the closest wall), then the remainder of the volume between the ground and the stage can act as a very solid horn.
This might perform better than a stack of four.

Bogdan Popescu

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2005, 02:54:43 am »

OK, what about sealing the space arround the LAB mouth ???

B.P.

fernand

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2005, 06:13:16 am »

Why sealing ?

The lab is the first part of the horn that fires in the corner. The corner can be seen as a fold towards the horn segment that is provided by the space around the lab and then the space between the stage and the floor. This should give a horn segment that is several meters long and a mouth of several square meters.

Some people build horn extensions to obtain that, you get one for free. It will not have the ideal shape, but with some experimenting you might have better results then you have with a stack of 4 labs.

Any other opinions ?

Gary Perrett

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2005, 10:10:37 am »

certainly worth a try. you'd have a pretty good sized horn that way. How much time are you going to have to work with this room?

G
We the few who have done so much, for so long, with so little, now feel we can do everything with nothing...

Bogdan Popescu

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2005, 04:48:08 am »

Well i decided not to take any chances and will put 4 LAB's under the DJ stage. This is made of wood and ~80cm high. It is not so hard to modificate to acomodate all the LAB's.
The DJ's ar next to the concrete stage... i'll just make a drawing and get back.

Thank you,
B.P.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 21 queries.