ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DBX DRIVE RACK SETTING FOR MEYER UPA SETUP  (Read 2384 times)

Jan W

DBX DRIVE RACK SETTING FOR MEYER UPA SETUP
« on: August 08, 2005, 01:12:53 PM »

HI EVERYONE
I am looking for input on dbx drive rack pa settings for a Meyer UPA-2p with USW subs.
Any input on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jan

Mac Kerr

• SR Forums
Re: DBX DRIVE RACK SETTING FOR MEYER UPA SETUP
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2005, 01:40:28 PM »

Jan W wrote on Mon, 08 August 2005 13:12

HI EVERYONE
I am looking for input on dbx drive rack pa settings for a Meyer UPA-2p with USW subs.
Any input on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Jan

If you are looking for specific eq settings, that will depend on your taste. The UPA2P being a powered speaker, has all it's processing internally. You will need to cross over between the UPA and USW at around 90-100Hz, with fairly steep filters. You should also have a HPF on the USW at around 30Hz, although this should be in the B2 processor for the subs. I find with USW's that I need a slight boost around 40-50Hz. Again, slight boost. I haven't used the UPA2P's, but I have been using UPA1's both powered and not over USW's for many years with no digital processing, the DRPA should give you more than enough eq to satisfy yourself.

Mac

Jan W

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2005, 01:47:54 PM »

Mac,
Thanks for your quick input.  Being new to both Meyer and the DRPA, I wasn't sure about where my starting points should be but you have given me a good start.
Thanks so much for you input.

Randy Pence

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2005, 04:58:40 PM »

if you can, change the driverack to a better dbx or bss product.  Those upas sound amazing, but the drpa creates a lot of noise.  Either way, with the driverack you can time align the tops to the subs.  Best is by measuring impulse times to a fixed mic position, but try experimenting by ear for something rough.  The punch of a kick will be right in that crossover range and having the signal coming out of both the sub and top at the same time will maximize that impact.  

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2005, 04:58:40 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 25 queries.