ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sub Recomendation  (Read 4056 times)

Tamar Ghobrial

Sub Recomendation
« on: August 05, 2005, 10:40:12 AM »

I am currently shopping around and trying to listen to different subs....I am looking for (4) single 18's boxes that will be running off a crown I-tech 6000...I prefer to use 4 rather than 2 double 18's because I have the capability of just using 2 single 18's on smaller events...The application is large scale mobile dj work...So far I have heard the JBL Srx718, EAW SB 180's and I am hoping to take a listen to the Yorkville 608's, and 808's....Any recomomendations??? Thanks in advance...

Tom Manchester

• http://www.electrosoundsystems.com
Re: Sub Recomendation
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2005, 12:26:05 PM »

I have the yorkville 608's and they are great boxes. Everyone says they don't go deep, and they look small, but when you hear them they will blow you away! Huge magnet on the driver, and I have heard the driver is nearly indestructable. I imagine the 808 is similar or better.

and Mike Pyle here on the LAB is a dealer and a great source to get them through.
-Tom
Electro Sound Systems

Tamar Ghobrial

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2005, 01:04:53 PM »

Cool thanks for your input....Any idea how I can get in touch with Mike Pyle??

Pascal Pincosy

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2005, 02:39:26 PM »

The McCauley AC58 may be what you're looking for. I've been doing DJ events with McCauley speakers for years now and they rock. You also might want to take a look at the NY subwoofer shootout posted in this forum. The McCauley subs that were tested were deemed by many to be the best-sounding subs at the event. They do need lots of power, but with an I-Tech 6000, you've got that area covered pretty well. Good luck!
Know:Audio
--------------------------------
US Distributor: Trabes/MG Srl
Speaker Lifts-Truss-Roof Systems

Evan Kirkendall

• http://www.evankirkendall.com
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2005, 03:21:22 PM »

inthemix22 wrote on Fri, 05 August 2005 13:04

Cool thanks for your input....Any idea how I can get in touch with Mike Pyle??

He is registered on the forum. Just send him a PM or email him at    mike@audiopyle.com

BTW- I also second the LS608's. I bought a pair after hearing Toms. Smile They will truly blow you away. They are some amazing little subs. They are the best bang for the buck subs on the market.

PS- Next friday I have a gig with Tom where we will be running all 4 subs together. Ill let you know how that goes.

Not all change is good change.

Scott Hibbard

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2005, 12:13:06 PM »

Hello Jamar...I have used all of these subs before in some capacity with the execption of the JBL.  The EAW SB180 is a serious, professional subwoofer, both in design and sound quality.  It's an incredible peice of hardware with sound characteristics that are hard to rival.  If your budget permits, this is the box I would recommend first, keeping in mind they will require larger amps than the Yorkie's.  After that the LS808 and LS608 are wonderful subs for the money - and near impossible to beat for the money.  The LS808 goes slightly deeper and has slightly higher impact than the LS608, but is larger of course.  If budget is an issue but size is not, look at the LS808's.  If budget is an issue and size is also an issue, the LS608's are good little subs with big sound.

Best Wishes,
ScottH
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.385 seconds with 18 queries.