ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Wharfedale LX Series Wedges Vs JBL Mpro Vs JBL JRX  (Read 13955 times)

Tom Manchester

• http://www.electrosoundsystems.com
Re: Wharfedale LX Series Wedges Vs JBL Mpro Vs JBL JRX
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2005, 09:47:49 PM »

Believe me, if you are worried about the yamahas being to weak and underpowered that certainly isn't the case. They did quite well as mains for a show I did up against 2 marshall half stacks, a heavey metal drummer, and an 8x10 bass rig. It was vox only throught them, but still cut through.
-Tom
Electro Sound Systems

Alfred_Mapanao

« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2005, 01:55:38 AM »

I've owned the MP415 and I'll tell you honestly that the Wharfedale LX 15" wedges will blow them out of the water. They have a 2" compression driver with a 1.4" exit. The design of the horn results in a really smooth frequency response - hardly needs any EQ if any.

I just bought 4 of them today and plan on buying a couple more if that tells you anything.

The JBL is an OK monitor (a little overpriced IMHO). I'd take a look and listen to the Wharfedale LX stuff. Highly recommended.
 I no longer want to participate in a forum filled with newbies and ego-maniac know it alls. Please delete me from this forum.

Joel North

• http://www.jncentertainment.ca
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2005, 06:20:20 AM »

Wharfedale stuff is great, I use it all of the time. I am from a smaller company, we don't have any EAW's and Soundcraft boards, but hey we do the job and it sounds quite nice. I'd say go with the LX monitors. Aren't they 600 watts? Most 15" Models Wharfedale Pro offers are 600 watts "music" anyway, and that's what I go by. I usually put 500 watts or so into the Wharfedale speakers I use and they seem to work fine. Just make sure you don't over-drive them and blow out the light bulbs inside. Yes, it is possible and you'll have to replace the light bulb before your horn will work again.

Ted Christensen

• http://TBA
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2005, 03:20:53 PM »

Flat out. I dont like the JRX line. Period.

its a cheap line that JBL just through out there..my friend there 12" floor monitors, pair of 15" mains and pair of 18" subs.

he uses it for DJ which is fine..

then underpoweres it in stereo for live sound reinforcement..

Personally from hearing them even powered right they sound bad to my tastes.

Ted Christensen
320-491-6422

Abdul Sajwani

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2005, 01:56:38 AM »

Just to update the thread, we bought a pair of Wharfedale LX12 Wedges after reviewing the MP4's, and I concur that the LX blew the MP's away. The bigger tweeter really makes for nice monitoring.  The LX is designed as a proper wedge.. horn on top for close up monitoring. So a trade off is that we can't use it as a small FOH speaker as aposed to MP4's. Also the thing to note is that the LX series is Wharfedale's flagship product. For the price, IMHO its unbeatable. We will be buying a few more pairs in the near future.  

I will say this, if I had the budget I would have gone the JBL SRX, and I say that because that was just in a class of its own in comparison to lx and MP's, but obviously because MP's aren't the flagship product of JBL then they have been purposely 'dumbed' down to meet a price point and are still relatively expensive for what they offer.  The LX is the best Wharfedale could do and obviously they wouldn't want their best to reflect badly upon their ability.

Thanx for all the feedback guys.  I also tested the Yammies.. and they sounded awesome but it was under powered for my purpose, and for a lower price I could get the the LX's which sounded equally as good, as clear and MUCH louder. Also the sound wasn't coloured with in the LX's in comparison. Yammies I found need'd some eq' to flatten out.. but that's no drama.. once done.. set and forget..

Our LX's have been on road now for 2 months and not one complaint yet, except for the silly way in which its carpet has been pasted on there is a weak point near the front base where the carpet begins to upon up if your wedges do a bit of side on travelling like mine. Nothing a bit of Gaffa couldn't look after..  We are driving them with a crown K2 amplifier.
Don't buy it, believe it or vouch for or against it, until you hear it Smile
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 20 queries.