ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Upgrading Mains  (Read 1797 times)

Dave Bergeron

Upgrading Mains
« on: July 22, 2005, 02:57:09 pm »

Hello, I play music and own a small Co that provides PA for bands in clubs that usually range from 100 - 500 people.  I'm currently in the process of upgrading my mains..Can anyone give me some of their personal reviews of the following speakers that I have in mind or anything that you may suggest..I have have 4 Plx 3402's provided for my mains at the moment...So any suggestions will help..Keep in mind that I just own the Co, I have sound engineers that work for me.  So I do not understand all the Technical talk of it, but I know enough to purchase items that are needed.  

Right now I'm running a Peavey HDH dual 18's a side, along with Yamaha sw215 dual 15's aside for the subs...

And

Yamaha S215 dual 15's for the tops...If needed I have another set of Yamaha S215's that I add for dual stacks aside...Anywho I'm putting these items onto the "B" rig and piecing together  new speakers for the "A" rig...

Looking for something with great clarity and that can get pretty loud..If you have a suggestion that differs from the following, feel free to suggest...

Tops  EAW LA 325
     EV 252
     Yorkville E2152
Subs  Ev MTL-1X
     Yorkville LS 1004 or The TX9

Thanks Dave

Dave Dermont

• http://www.geocities.com/livesound101/
Re: Upgrading Mains
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2005, 09:05:50 pm »

The LA325 is a great box, but should be used 1 per side only. I have used them with LA-400's (sometimes only one per side) and powered the whole shebang with a couple MA-3600's

The LA-400 is by far my favorite "club sub".

If you want to grow, get a truly arrayable top box. My personal choice would be the Community SLS-960

That's my story, and I'm stickin' to it!
Dave Dermont - Chief Lizard, LAB Lounge

WARNING: Dates In Calendar May Be Closer Than They Appear
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 22 queries.