ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Outdoor fun  (Read 851 times)

backinthelab

• http://www.backinthelab.net
Outdoor fun
« on: July 13, 2005, 10:00:31 am »

I was hoping to get some opinions/advice.  I've been running sound regularly for the same band for over two years now, and we've had some small outdoor shows.  However, in a little over a week, we'll be playing a pretty big outdoor event.  I'm estimating the tent size to be about 25' SQ in an open park of about ten flat acres.  There will be approx. 2000 people there.  I'm hoping to cover the tent and immediate surrounding area as I know that trying for more than that may not be feasible with my current equipment.  Here's what I'm using:

(2) Mackie SA1521's
(2) JBL SF25's
(2) JBL MPA-225's (Subs)
(2) QSC RMX2450's
(1) DBX 2/3/4
(All running off of a Soundcraft 328XD.)

I was planning on fanning the tops for better dispersion, riding the SF-25's on top of the subs with the SA1521's right next to them on poles.  I was also thinking of purchasing a Driverack to assist in EQ and delay (plus it would be nice for future shows).  My main concern is that this is not adequate and I'm thinking that I may need to rent.  In addition to this, any other tips for my day of fun in the sun, specifically for outdoor sound?

I know that this is not grade with most of the gear mentioned in these forums, but it's all I've been able to afford.  Any help would be appreciated.  Thanks!
"Hey, I came here to be drugged, electrocuted, and probed - not insulted." - H. Simpson

Hank Staples

Re: Outdoor fun
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2005, 04:23:42 pm »

The rule of thumb that I have come to realize is - For outdoor gigs you can never have too much low end. With just 2 subs you probably won't be able to get close to what you need. I would at least double up on the subs and add another amp.
Smile
Hank Staples

"Hey Y'all, Watch this!"

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Outdoor fun
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2005, 04:23:42 pm »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.126 seconds with 21 queries.