ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Getting the most out of a Mackie 4 bus  (Read 1062 times)

yam4000vca Jim Gould

Getting the most out of a Mackie 4 bus
« on: July 09, 2005, 09:45:33 AM »

I thought I would post this here as help to people that have to pull it off. I had to do it last night and I do not think it is very possible to get more out of a Mackie 4bus mixer.
All know that the mixer has 6 sends 2 set pre 2 switchable and 2 set post.
What do you do when you need more than that? My normal set up with this is 4 monitor mixes and 3 effects. This is doable by taking an effects send for vocals out of the vocal subgroup thus giving an extra post fade send.
Another act shows up at the festival I am doing this week and must have another mix for his in ear monitor.
As I run the system in mono about the only thing free is the right side of the mixer. I sent a signal up to his ears from the right side. As my grouping on the on the subs was such I could vary his mix by the use of the sub group pan controls. The result was the performer said  was the best ear mix he had ever had.
So for the folks doing shows on a budget it is possible to have 8mixes out of a Mackie 4 buss.

Mike {AB} Butler

• http://www.3alchemy.com
Re: Getting the most out of a Mackie 4 bus
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2005, 09:44:34 AM »

Interesting points. I guess my only addition to that is that it's fine to do things like this - as long as you're the only user, and have to skill to remember what it is you've got - and how it's dialed in. I've done many shows where I used the pan controls on the strips to gain yet another mix, for instance, but a simgle change on the input fader.. and you're scrambling to update the rest of the mix after it.. Confused
For a one-off on a lowball show, fine, but after that, I want a better mousetrap.. Mad
Anyway, thanks for the ideas..
Regards,
Mike Butler,
Principal, Technology and Operations,
Dascott Technologies, LLC

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.