ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: In-ears: Shure E5 vs Etymolic ER4P  (Read 2260 times)

bo putnam

In-ears: Shure E5 vs Etymolic ER4P
« on: July 05, 2005, 06:53:08 PM »

Just finished a 5-night stand as my alter-ego lead singer for a crummy little band that celebrated our 30th anniversary, and I had the chance to compare head-to-head ( Rolling Eyes ) these two top-shelf in-ears.

For both sets I used the three-flange eartips, the Shure PSM600 wireless running through the Ashly Protea 4.24, with the RD on stage where I could A/B lots of settings.

Hands-down winner is the Shure E5.  The overall "noise" isolation was nearly identical between the two, but the sound reproduction of the E5's excelled.  And, the E5 were best on flatEQ.  The ER4P was helped with a sloping response curve (boosted LF and steady decrease through MF and HF), but overall paled in comparison.  The only point of argument might be the small size and light weight of the ER4P transducer - they have no appreciable mass so are very, very comfortable to wear.  The E5's are plenty comfortable, but you are more aware you are wearing them, and that in-part is because they are so true sounding.  

bo

SOUNDsupport

<font size="1">oops - wrong door...</font>
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 18 queries.