ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Australian Monitor XR12 - One for the Aussies  (Read 3114 times)

Abdul Sajwani

Australian Monitor XR12 - One for the Aussies
« on: July 05, 2005, 01:40:36 AM »

I had occassion on the weekend to use my xr12 boxes on the weekend for FOH.

they have a 1.75" horn and 12 inch woofer rated at 300W RMS.. what shocked me is when I got to the venue they had installed EV SX300's.. then the even manager tells me that all speeches will be done with his system because there were four of them around the hall..

Any way it let me do a side by side comparison between the two speakers.. one which is literally half the price of the other..

after about an hour the cordless mic on the installed system ran out of battery.. and they I had to quickly run and hand the mc a cordless mic from my system.. I was fearing the worste.. thinking the quality will be a mile apart.. using a dj system that day I had no real way to eq properly.. but to my suprise...

I tell you I could not tell the difference, infac at the moment we swapped over to the xr12's.. I thought they sounded better! flat eq.. no messing and the sound was already very good.. both cordless mics were UT series sm58's mine and the venue's (that was just a co-incidence)..

Any how I plan to buy more of these speakers as the other good thing about them.. the horn is rotateable for monitor use..

Has anyone else experienced these speakers from australia and could comment before I blow a couple of grand on them?

thanx
Don't buy it, believe it or vouch for or against it, until you hear it Smile
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 17 queries.