ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Glastonbury 2005  (Read 1440 times)

Charlie Jeal

• http://www.beyondthedarkside.com
Glastonbury 2005
« on: June 20, 2005, 09:27:36 AM »

Just wondering if any of the UK contigent on here are going to be there this year ? And if so anyone fancy meeting up to put faces to names ? I'll be there with Adlib Audio working in the Theatre tent so pop by and say hello.
It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others !!

Ian Gregory

Re: Glastonbury 2005
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2005, 01:07:49 PM »

I was there - and popped into the Theatre tent once or twice so probably heard your work!

All in all a good show all round from the various sound companies at Glasto - with the Other Stage sounding particularly good. Much better than the sound at the Wireless festival in Hyde Park this week anyway.

Did anyone hear the new Turbo system in the John Peel tent? I didn't get up there in the end.

Charlie Jeal

• http://www.beyondthedarkside.com
Re: Glastonbury 2005
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2005, 07:23:07 AM »

I popped up there to hear a band local to me and thought that the new turbo aspect sytem was pretty good. I'd like to have heard a larger rig of it in a more normal gig situation to make a proper judgement of it. But yet again I wasn't impressed with the Nexo Geo-T on the Pyramid stage it just didn't seem to have the presence that was there on some of the other larger stages that used alternative line arrays. Depends on what time you were in the tent Ian as to which of 3 of us were working f.o.h. at the time (one new face to our team this year seemed to have problems dealing with the numerous lavalier and headset mic packs that we had with the resulting consequences, which after sending the guy on a break we quickly sorted out); which of the acts that you saw did you enjoy the most ? My favourites included the Stephen Frost impro all stars as ever and paul Morocco and Ole as well as the Twisted Cabaret guys.
Charlie
It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others !!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 21 queries.