ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: weird DR 260 led activity  (Read 1421 times)

Ron Baldwin

weird DR 260 led activity
« on: June 15, 2005, 11:02:28 PM »

The led's on the face of the unit blink (more like a sizzle) all the time, when signal is present or not. Doesn't seem to affect the operation but it concerns me. Any ideas?

RB

jeffhtg (Jeff Kenney)

Re: weird DR 260 led activity
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2005, 01:32:14 AM »

you know.. i think dbx might be having some problems on the assembly line.. not to long ago I completed an install.. two days later they call me with a totally disabled soundsystem.. the driverack PA had failed and wouldnt boot up.. was a little bitter about that new unit failing..

the following month a fresh new 260 was in a rig and i was fiddling with the buttons.. new club just opened - opening night.. i was messing with the limiters when the screen did some wierd crap.. cant explain it - just looked like it was fried.. the limiter lights were still operating fine and i decided best not to touch the damn thing until they were closed.. unit worked fine after a reboot but it had me worried.. now i have to carry an extra analog xover around with me in case i get a call.. lol

Corey McCleskey

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2005, 11:58:24 PM »

my only idea besides failure is to check the input mixer on each channel and make sure your pink noise is not on.

this may be obvious, but then again it may not.

if it is assigned it will light your meters. although if it is plugged in you would hear it.

Corey McCleskey
BnC Audio
Dallas, TX
bncaudio@hotmail.com

Andy Peters

• http://www.latke.net/
« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2005, 12:08:28 PM »

redravenaudio wrote on Wed, 15 June 2005 20:02

The led's on the face of the unit blink (more like a sizzle) all the time, when signal is present or not. Doesn't seem to affect the operation but it concerns me. Any ideas?

Please be more specific.  Which LEDs are blinking -- the input level or the output level blinkies?

-a
"This isn't some upside down inverted Socratic method where you throw out your best guess answers and I correct your work." -- JR

"On the Internet, nobody can hear you mix a band."

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2005, 12:08:28 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 23 queries.