ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Favourite Drum Setups  (Read 2735 times)

Stuie

Favourite Drum Setups
« on: August 12, 2004, 09:30:09 PM »

Hi Guys/Girls

Im just in the middle of getting some new mics for the ol kit and im wondering what you are all using out there. I know there are alot of variables but do you have a basic system you use just asking or educating?

Kick Drum:
Akg D112, Ok sound needs a lot of Equing to get it nice sounding. im looking at a Beyerdynamic M 88. I use a channel on the dbx1046 for a bit of compression, Depends on drummers mood, How unreal worship is getting.

Snare:
Shure Beta 57a, i use the K+M claws nice touch. this is the bees knees it just sounds so good. I again comp this up on the dbx1046 i have used gates to clean up but im not so fussy now.
As for reverb i use a TC Electronic M One XL to get me a little more snap

Toms:
Audio Technica Pro 25 or Sm 57 again on claws, Great sound out the Pro 25 nice and small. Sm 57 great all rounder. I dont use gates again.

Overheads:
Im am trailing the Rodes Nt 5 little condenser mics very nice loads of room. I have used Sm 81 (Nice), Friend of mine uses Akg C451b very nice bit pricey. The pic up on all of these mics is unbelievable.

Just wondering what trick and mic setups you are using and it could help others as well. Also i am using mini mulitcores so i dont need eight or so cables running around the stage just one cable then i can make a mess at the kit.

Cheers
Stuie

Adam Kane

Re: Favourite Drum Setups
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2004, 11:12:16 PM »

I was messing around one time and stuck on of those flat Shure condenser mics (model??) in the kick.  I've been using it since. With the channel EQ flat, it's got a perfectly clean attack but with plenty of thump.  I've also used the Audix D6 kick mic with excellent results.  SM57 on the snare (of course), Beta 56's on the toms, and two old EV (model unknown) condensers for overheads.  The kit is completely enclosed in a plexiglass "room" and everything sounds great in the house.

As far as processing, I use a compressor on the snare and kick.  Tried it on the toms but I just couldn't get it to sound right.  

Sanctuary seats just under 2000 and it's got a 20,000 watt Community SLS system.  If the drums are turned off, you can't even hear them over the piano.  It's nice to have total control over how they sound, but it took a lot of work to get here!!
Adam "Drumrkane"

ProSoundWeb Community

Re: Favourite Drum Setups
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2004, 11:12:16 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 22 queries.