ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: BMS drivers  (Read 2542 times)

Gareth James

BMS drivers
« on: June 14, 2005, 12:57:11 PM »

Hi there folks,

Does anyone know anything about BMS Pro drivers? has anyone had experience with them?

Im looking at maybe purchasing a couple of their 15N840 neo woofers for a subwoofer project, the quoted 14mm of one way Xmax was what drew me in.

I know a lot of people aren't too keen on using neo drivers in subs because of problems in the past with power compression but im quite keen on these as they model well and im eager to build a prototype over summer!

Thanks in advance,

Gareth James
Student of Sound

cbrunhaver

Re: BMS drivers
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2005, 06:15:49 PM »

Hi,

I just bought a BMS 15N630 from Jack at Assistance Audio.  I asked him about pricing on the driver you mention as well as the 15N840 but he was not able to provide it yet.  I think that BMS is not quite ready with the 18" Neo drivers yet.  

Though I obviously don't have any experience with those units, I'm a bit dubious about a m-roll surround of that construction allowing for that much excursion (cleanly).  Also, by their liear distortion plots, the unit doesn't look that great versus some of their other offerings, though by the specs, you would think that it would trounce them in the deep bass.

In any case, the build quality looks good on the driver I got, other than a bit of a messy triple joint.  I like the basket design and the motor has a similar cooling scheme to some of the new B&C units.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.