ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Low cost/low heat and bright-Is there such a thing?  (Read 1558 times)

Harold Mayo

Low cost/low heat and bright-Is there such a thing?
« on: June 03, 2005, 12:21:59 PM »

I need something to light up the drum kit inside the drum shield.

I have some cool effects lighting up the drum kit from outside, but I don't like using the moving heads just to light the drum kit.

And I'm concerned about heating up the drummer inside the shield.  I've used par38s before for a neato look, but over the coarse of the show, it gets way too hot....I don't blame him for bitchin about it.

LED color changers would be nice, but they are too pricey (think church here).   I thought of using 2 cheapy color changers, but the beam width is way too narrow and adding frost kills the light output.

Adding cans (or anything else) outside the shield causes reflections the congregation doesn't like.

Any one have any ideas?
ManofMayo

Dan Glass

Re: Low cost/low heat and bright-Is there such a thing?
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2005, 01:26:59 PM »

I am using a few DMX dimmable fluorescent fixtures to light drum kits.  The fixture has three lamps (1) red, (1) blue, (1) green, that I can dim individually letting me make any color. The ones I use are about two foot long (also come in four foot).  They definitely do not put off any heat and because they are fluorescent the output is wide and soft but very bright.  Once the drummer sets his kit I can lay the fixtures in between the stands or at an angle next to the kit.  They cost more than a par can but only about a third of the cost of LED's and the lamps are rated for 10,000 hours.  They are made by a company called brightline and their website is www.brightlines.com.  I hope that helps.  

Dan

Dan Glass

Harold Mayo

Re: Low cost/low heat and bright-Is there such a thing?
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2005, 02:34:31 PM »

That's perfect.   I'm in the process of contacting them now.
ManofMayo
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 19 queries.