ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: A/V Hotel services and contracts  (Read 1999 times)

sleepnomore

A/V Hotel services and contracts
« on: May 30, 2005, 11:17:08 PM »

Hello everyone....

while I have gotten some fantastic responses to an earlier posting, I still am in need of more information - If there is anyone out there that works for a company that is contracted to provide A/V presentation services to a hotel or banquet center, I would appreciate your correspondence - I'm 'on my own' so I won't be stepping on anyones feet - I just need to find more information on conditions such as percentages, complimentary services, labor billing etc.....  any help or a point in the right direction would be appreciated!

Thanks!

ken431960

Re: A/V Hotel services and contracts
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2005, 10:02:09 PM »

First of all we give the hotel, the equipment "on Site" FOC for their inhouse functions, any equipment sourced from the warehouse attracts a discount of 50% gross before tax, hence the hotel feels its getting a good deal but they still pay.

As the on site manager the equipment we install in the general course of the day is done FOC, but big jobs that require lots of rigging and mucking around I usually charge for a crew for installation and packdown.The hotel does not get commission on labour charges only gross equipment sales.
Size up the client, do deals, see if there is a possibility of the client becoming a regular at your hotel, if they do the hotel will love you and so will the client, some of my clients just email me with their requirements these days and don't care what I charge them, because they trust me to give them what they want when they want and I don't rip them off. You would be amazed at what some companies sell clients over here!
"Full blown Active PA systems with crew and operator for a bathroom"
Some people drop equipment rates and add it back in the labour, my rule is that I would sometimes prefir to take a hit in the labour costs and get my hands dirty on the floor than have the client find another venue or supplier, just because the labour is dearer than the equipment. Get to Know your Client First!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 20 queries.