ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Active Mic Splitters  (Read 4973 times)

Charlie Jeal

• http://www.beyondthedarkside.com
Re: Active Mic Splitters
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2005, 07:41:32 AM »

Sorry Mac my bad. What I should have said is that not all active splits have full gain control on the pre-amps, so they aren't as adjustable as a mic-pre on a desk, other than the XTA model most of the others offer switching between line/mic level eg the Klark Teknik DN1248 ( the one that seems to crop up most often in the UK, in my experience anyway), so the mic-pre is just to accept and distribute a mic level signal not to change its gain level, so in effect you set the incoming level to the splitter and thats that you aren't relying solely on it for your gain as you can still adjust independently at each end of the multi.

That'll teach me to post when I get in from a long long gig with a horrid load in and out, and a 6 am curfew for a student ball.

Regards

Charlie
It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others !!

Jose Mora

Re: Digital solutions
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2005, 02:03:15 PM »

Anyone ever use the Optocore stuff?  They seem to have some good Digital Split solutions that interface well with the analog world.  I just haven't worked with any of that stuff.

Mac Kerr

• SR Forums
« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2005, 02:18:05 PM »

PEP Audio wrote on Tue, 21 June 2005 14:03

Anyone ever use the Optocore stuff?  They seem to have some good Digital Split solutions that interface well with the analog world.  I just haven't worked with any of that stuff.

Pretty much everyone who is using a Digico D5 is using the digital transmission system from Optocore. Are you talking about the analog I/O components like the LX4 system, or splitting via network distribution like the DD32? Bear in mind that all digital splits happen after the mic pre. Only 1 console can control the mic pre. The Optocore LX4 system has analog split outs from the 48x16 stage box as well as the ability network multiple analog output boxes.

Mac

Jose Mora

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2005, 03:56:55 PM »

In this case he might be able to use LX4 stage unit with a couple of DD32's at the FOH for his Yamaha DM1000 (I think that unit only has 2 card slots which may be limiting channel wise).  The stage box would provide an analog split, although it is Post Mic Pre.  How are the Pre's?  I've used a similar system that Telecast has.  That unit does not allow you to remotely access the pre (gain adjustments are Dip switches), like the Optocore unit does. The pre's on the Telecast are adequate.

By the way Mac, thanks for turning me on to the Yamaha digital consoles.  1 DM2000 and 1 PM5d later I am a pretty happy camper.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 19 queries.