ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 1/2 Labhorn?  (Read 2855 times)

Raj Sookraj

1/2 Labhorn?
« on: May 26, 2005, 01:31:25 PM »

Is it possible to cut the Labhorn vertically to form 2 independant single 12" horns?  At parties, the 2 halfs would be buckled together.  This would also eliminate the internal bracing because the shorter walls would be more stiff.  I'm just curious because each box would be lighter and eaiser to handle.  What do you guys think?

Mac Kerr

• SR Forums
Re: 1/2 Labhorn?
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2005, 05:46:37 PM »

bubblersound wrote on Thu, 26 May 2005 13:31

Is it possible to cut the Labhorn vertically to form 2 independant single 12" horns?  At parties, the 2 halfs would be buckled together.  This would also eliminate the internal bracing because the shorter walls would be more stiff.  I'm just curious because each box would be lighter and eaiser to handle.  What do you guys think?
At the very least the construction would be twice as hard for the same amount of speaker. Attaching the second side, which appears to be one of the hard parts, would have to be done twice as many times. There is also the additional weight of those extra sides, and the shorter sides would have less torsional strength. While it may be a little lighter per speaker, it will be heavier for a total system. It is recommended that you use the LAB Sub in coupled pairs, that would mean 4 of your halves. Bad idea as far as I can see.

Mac
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 15 queries.