ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Peavey CS-800 problems  (Read 6378 times)

Ivan Beaver

Re: Peavey CS-800 problems
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2005, 07:29:50 pm »

There are 2 reasons it "kinda" works.  Most keyboards have a much higher output than vocal mics.  Also QSC is known for having a sensitivity (or lower depending on your perspective).  In other words for a given input level most QSC amps will be louder than other brands-espically older Crowns.
For every complicated question-there is a simple- easy to understand WRONG answer.

Can I have some more talent in the monitors--PLEASE?

Ivan Beaver
dB Audio & Video Inc.
Danley Sound Labs

John Roberts {JR}

Re: Peavey CS-800 problems
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2005, 07:40:50 pm »

Ivan Beaver wrote on Sun, 15 May 2005 18:24

I didn't mean it as a slam in any way against Peavey.  I even bought a CS800 from a pawn shop in which the saleman said it didn't work (he was plugging in a mic also). I got it for $25 and it worked fine for over 10yrs untill I sold it. I just found it strange that the only brand that people have tried this on with me is Peavey.  CS800's are probably the most abused amps on the planet! and they keep working.

No, but if not directly, indirectly it it is a slam against PV users. If I still cared about such things from a business perspective I'd respond because perpetuation of such "beliefs" leads others to suppress their positive PV experiences should they get lumped in with the more "interesting" entry level users.

I no longer care about Hartley's revenue stream, but I do have fond memories of many many PV owners I've had the good fortune to know over the years. They are attracted to the products for lots of fairly obvious reasons.

JR

https://www.resotune.com/

Tune it, or don't play it...
-----
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.017 seconds with 16 queries.