ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just a review of the Ashly Protea 24.24m  (Read 2592 times)

Jerry Nuckolls

• http://www.acousticsinfo.com
Just a review of the Ashly Protea 24.24m
« on: May 13, 2005, 04:43:10 PM »

I recently placed an Ashly 24m at the heart of an old failing board room system.  The Boardroom is setup in such a way that the octagonal room has 6 speakers facing outwards from the center.  This is an acoustically difficult room.  

The 24m created a mix minus, removing 6 people sitting near 2 of the speakers from being in the direct field.  The ashly unit performed quite well, and I was happy with the end result.  Originally, they complained of poor intelligibility and gbf, problems solved.  The microphones in the system are still a bit of a bear with regard to noise, and some of the wireless mics drop out because the mics are placed in a room adjacent to the conference room.  Line of sight for T series shure mics is nearly a must.  These problems are in plan for future upgrade.

The great thing about this product is that it is expandable to any combination from 20 in 4 out to 4 in 20 out.  I will be continuing to develop a natural gui interface for wireless use as a 16 x 8 monitor mixer.  

Jerry Nuckolls
Acoustics Engineer
Image Media Solutions
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 17 queries.