ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Dionne Warwick heads-up  (Read 2709 times)

Marc Schwartz

Dionne Warwick heads-up
« on: April 05, 2005, 10:42:38 AM »

I have a show coming up with Dionne Warwick. It is inside a 70' x 100' tent with probably a 28' x 25' deck. Luckily, though she is only bringing a quartet: piano, keyboards, bassist, and drummer. I am the TD for this event, which is a fund raiser for a non-profit institution (fun-huh!). I have contracted for skilled lighting and audio providers on this one, but since I have never worked with her before, I am not sure what to expect from her band and crew. Any help will be appreciated. TIA.

-Marc

Tim McCulloch

Re: Dionne Warwick heads-up
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2005, 08:56:52 PM »

Marc...

The last time I worked anywhere near Miss Warwick was in 1989... she was continuously unhappy about everything from the color of her limo to her band to the dressing room carpet (brand new and installed just for her).

We should have had her figured as future Empress of the Psycho Network... Wink

Don't know how she is now, but I suspect she's no more humble than previous.

Tim Mc
"Will you stand by me against the cold night, or are you afraid of the ice?" Crack The Sky

Earl Driggers

« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2005, 11:12:14 PM »

Hi Marc.

I have heard that back in the day, she was as Tim stated. But we worked with her a couple months ago and she was nothing but professional and extremely nice. Her FOH guy, Barrence, couldn't make the trip so I got to do FOH. Very easy day. Band was just as easy, and VERY good. I don't think you'll have any issues as long as your techs are up to par. Please let us know how the show goes.

Earl D
It is what it is

Tim McCulloch

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2005, 04:09:20 PM »

Earl-

She put on a good show that night, so it wasn't a major deal... In retrospect, I think she'd just bought into her own hype a little too much that day.

Glad to hear she's a happier person these days.

Tim Mc
"Will you stand by me against the cold night, or are you afraid of the ice?" Crack The Sky

Marc Schwartz

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2005, 06:46:50 AM »

Thanks, Earl. After what Tim wrote, it was a relief to read what you had to say. I'll post back after the show.

-Marc

Joke: What is the difference between a diva and a terrorist? You can negotiate with a terrorist.

Marty McCann

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2005, 09:39:08 AM »

My experience from waaay back was that she had poor Mic technique.

She would be singing about San Jose, and her Mic was pointed at Frisco Bay.

Maybe she thought it was Psychic?  ;>)

marty

Marc Schwartz

« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2005, 08:00:25 AM »

The show went smoothly. I was caught a bit off guard though, when her sound guy called three days before show and announced that he was not going to be there to mix. Luckily, I was able to locate fellow LABster
Lee Jacobson, and he was available to mix monitors. The sound provider was  also able to supply to an FOH guy, John Middleton. The two of them did a fine job, and all was well. Dionne, and her band provided the audience with a good show, and the client was pleased with the results.

-Marc
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.