ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Live Video from switcher to Ipad  (Read 5495 times)

Cory Sprenkle

Live Video from switcher to Ipad
« on: August 24, 2011, 11:34:15 AM »

I am need of some help.  I have a need to get live video out of a switcher (VGA) to an Ipad.  Wireless would be nice.  I want to use local WAN.  I do not want to have to rely on anything going through the internet.  Actually about now even wires would work.  The purpose is to use an Ipad as a confidence monitor.  I would use the mic stand mount in some circumstances.  I am also looking for an arm mount for it as well.  I would like to find an arm with some kind of clamp to clamp it to the side of a podium or desk.  Whatever is being used at the time. 

The only solution  I have come up with is the use of a slingbox.  I could get a converter/scaler to get from vga to component.  I would like to find a better solution that combines the streaming with the scaler/converter.  VGA input would be perfect.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Cory Sprenkle

Matt Errend

• SR Forums
Re: Live Video from switcher to Ipad
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 02:06:42 AM »

I am need of some help.  I have a need to get live video out of a switcher (VGA) to an Ipad.  Wireless would be nice.  I want to use local WAN.  I do not want to have to rely on anything going through the internet.  Actually about now even wires would work.  The purpose is to use an Ipad as a confidence monitor.  I would use the mic stand mount in some circumstances.  I am also looking for an arm mount for it as well.  I would like to find an arm with some kind of clamp to clamp it to the side of a podium or desk.  Whatever is being used at the time. 

The only solution  I have come up with is the use of a slingbox.  I could get a converter/scaler to get from vga to component.  I would like to find a better solution that combines the streaming with the scaler/converter.  VGA input would be perfect.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Cory Sprenkle

There are lots of video to IP devices out there, but all of them will introduce latency and will likely require a composite/s-video/component input.

Why not pick up a cheapo 10" LCD display if you can live with a wired solution?

Thomas Lamb

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 09:52:12 PM »

specifically what are you doing?
bigTlamb

"If you suck on a functional analog desk, you'll really suck on a complex digital desk...." Dick Rees

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2011, 09:52:12 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 25 queries.