ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Shopping for simple controller.  (Read 969 times)

Mike Pyle

Shopping for simple controller.
« on: April 22, 2005, 01:36:54 pm »

I have a variety of small controllers, none of which gives me what I want in a single package. I need control for both DMX and multiplex dimmers, minimum 16 channels, programmable scenes and chases, tap and audio inputs for chase timing.

A couple of units that would work for me are the NSI MC1616 (w/dmx option) or the TLC-16. The TLC-16 offers a lot more scene memory.

Any other suggestions for affordable and dependable controllers with these features?

If anyone has a deal on something feel free to PM or email me, too.

Thanks!

Mike Pyle
Audiopyle Sound
707-315-6204
Dealer: Yorkville, EV, QSC, RCF, KV2, FBT, EAW, Danley, SLS, Turbosound, dBTech
 APB,A&H,Audix,Shure,Powersoft,RoadReady,K&M,Ultimate ,Global Truss,DENON,Chauvet,Elation...

Brian Ship

Re: Shopping for simple controller.
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2005, 06:52:39 pm »

Sounds like in addition to the light board you need a language translator box thru NSI or other suppliers of it so you can do either DMX or Multi-Plex at the same time.  Back in the day, while the Vision I think was able to control both analog and DMX, most especially the small boards can only do one control language at a time in it being sensible.  Such adaptors between languages work well - especially that of the NSI converter once you figure out which link to put where.  Never go anywhere without one when the house system and what you add to it is less than organized.

NSI is a decent brand amongst others like CAE, I would go DMX control on the light board in it being more of a universal language no matter what type of controller you choose.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 19 queries.