Sound Reinforcement - Forums for Live Sound Professionals - Your Displayed Name Must Be Your Real Full Name To Post In The Live Sound Forums > Lighting Forum

Chauvet qspot 260led control

(1/1)

Hank Staples:
About to take delivery of a couple of Chauvet qspot 260led fixtures. I am an admitted total noob when it comes to lighting  :o ..so my question. What are you guys using to control these..or any of your dmx moving head lighting? I'm not looking to break the bank, but I don't want something too complicated either.

duane massey:
What are your applications and expectations?

Hank Staples:
Mainly I will be using these for smal/mid sized band setups. The only previous intelligent lighting experience I have is with Martin 812 Roboscans a few years back. I realize these aren't built as well..but I won't be using them on a daily or sometimes even a weekly basis.

duane massey:
ADJ/Elation Showdesigner 1, new or used, best controller for the $$, very powerful and very useful for live work. Be prepared to spend some time learning to program, but it will be well worth it.

Fernando Lopez:

--- Quote from: Hank Staples on February 13, 2011, 11:21:56 PM ---About to take delivery of a couple of Chauvet qspot 260led fixtures. I am an admitted total noob when it comes to lighting  :o ..so my question. What are you guys using to control these..or any of your dmx moving head lighting? I'm not looking to break the bank, but I don't want something too complicated either.

--- End quote ---

Make sure that the controller you get can handle 14 dmx channels

A chauvet obey 40 is an inexpensive controller that will do the job. Albeit the qspot 260 works sound active it shines with dmx as with all moving heads

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version