ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Danley products ....  (Read 25984 times)

Tim Talbot

• True Sound Hire
Re: Danley products ....
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2011, 07:59:13 PM »

Ummmm not the biggest fan of Aspect but it is LOUD.... Would you rate NCA up there with d&b and Meyer then ???

Simon Ryder

• Audio Engineer LTD
« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2011, 12:12:33 PM »

Ummmm not the biggest fan of Aspect but it is LOUD.... Would you rate NCA up there with d&b and Meyer then ???

The completely honest answer is that it is getting there. It is close in transparency to D&B (I mix symphony orchestras through it as well as rock and new algorithyms are being worked out all the time) and in some applications beats them hands down. In short, if you want a large format point source system, it is truly world class. They don't yet have a line array (and, to my knowledge, no plans for one either) and in those aplications that a line array excells at I would use Q or J. We have had crowds of 120,000 in front of an NCA stage and have it in Alexandra Palace (6000 cap) in a couple of weeks time.

The biggest bonus point over D&B is that it is around half the price. As well as the hardcore dance stuff, we have had the likes of Michael Nyman's engineer raving about its sound quality and how it just captured the magic of the Stradivarius that the lead violinist plays.

As for SPL, it is well up there.

It is a good system and I am proud to use it.

( I also use D&B Q, J and Nexo Alpha and PS systems on a very regular basis)
Rental Stockist of:
D&B Audiotechnik
DAS Audio
Soundcraft
Midas
Shure
Sennheiser
DPA

Tim Talbot

• True Sound Hire
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2011, 11:07:58 AM »

Ummmm might have to have a play with this NCA kit.... what NCA product keeps up with Quake or betters it ??

Simon Ryder

• Audio Engineer LTD
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2011, 12:54:28 PM »

Ummmm might have to have a play with this NCA kit.... what NCA product keeps up with Quake or betters it ??

That would be the WMD 1803

Like the Quake it is a large format horn with a single 18". Very different horn design though

http://www.noisecontrolaudio.com/products_wmd1803.html

One thing to bear in mind is that the SPL figures that they quote are real world figures that have been measured with the product delivering that output CONTINUOUSLY and surviving very happily.

I still want to hear some Danley and Bassmaxx products though!
Rental Stockist of:
D&B Audiotechnik
DAS Audio
Soundcraft
Midas
Shure
Sennheiser
DPA

Tim Talbot

• True Sound Hire
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2011, 03:45:31 PM »

Thanks Simon i'll check it out... have you heard to Quake sub by the way ?

Simon Ryder

• Audio Engineer LTD
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2011, 07:20:15 AM »

I certainly have. They are extremely good indeed, a block of 8 to 16 of them is monstrous. Interestingly they didn't do too well in the sub shootout archived in the old PSW pages. They let out smoke quite early on but this may have been due to insufficient limiter protection.
Rental Stockist of:
D&B Audiotechnik
DAS Audio
Soundcraft
Midas
Shure
Sennheiser
DPA

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2011, 07:37:16 AM »

I certainly have. They are extremely good indeed, a block of 8 to 16 of them is monstrous. Interestingly they didn't do too well in the sub shootout archived in the old PSW pages. They let out smoke quite early on but this may have been due to insufficient limiter protection.

I haven't read that thread in a while, but I was there, and the Quake was considered among the best subs tested that day.

Mac

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2011, 07:45:16 AM »

I haven't read that thread in a while, but I was there, and the Quake was considered among the best subs tested that day.

Mac
On the second day (the listening day) the "rules" changed when the Quake had its turn for listening.

Up until then the overall volume was kinda limited-I don't remember where or how-it has been awhile.  But the Quake guys said " Let er rip" and give it all you got-we don't care if it tears up.  And that is exactly what was done.  The limit was found.

But to the casual observer who was not there-all they read was "the Quake blew up".  But it was also producing more output-because the input was also higher than the subs that went before-DUH!  That is what happens when yo keep going.

Not exactly the same story.

That is why it is so very important to get the WHOLE story-before decissions are made-especially opinions on the internet based on hearesay.  And why attending such events is a good thing.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 08:04:59 AM by Mac Kerr »
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Tim Talbot

• True Sound Hire
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2011, 12:01:38 PM »

Was it a bloke of 4 Quakes or more ? - What was powering them ?

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2011, 05:59:06 PM »

Was it a bloke of 4 Quakes or more ? - What was powering them ?
I think it was 2-but might have been one-it was number of years ago-but not 4 cabinets.

Powersoft was the power-10K's I think.
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2011, 05:59:06 PM »

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.041 seconds with 18 queries.