ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Danley products ....  (Read 36258 times)

Tim Talbot

• True Sound Hire
Re: Danley products ....
« Reply #20 on: February 25, 2011, 04:49:34 PM »

Which venue?

I put the 12 S2s in the main room of SE1. It did very funny things to your insides.

Am on about SE1 ...... which was home to alot of Nexo kit as am sure you know. (All d&b J now thou)

Simon Ryder

• Audio Engineer LTD
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2011, 04:43:17 PM »

Am on about SE1 ...... which was home to alot of Nexo kit as am sure you know. (All d&b J now thou)

Big topic swerve here - my fault, sorry.

They did indeed have a large pile of Nexo.

The main room was 2 x S2, 9 x B1 and 3 x M3 per side in the main stacks. Further down the room were a B1 and an M3 per side as delays and in the back lobby area; 1 x B118 and 1 x EM per side. All amplification was Crown MA with an XTA DP226 as a global routing processor going into Nexo NX241s.

The largest system I ever put in that room to was:

2 x B118 and 1 x EM per side as DJ monitors

Main front stacks as above supplemented with a mono block of 4 x S2s and 2 x PS15s
1st Delay stacks of 1 x S2 per side, 4x B1 per side and 2 x M3 per side
2nd Delay stacks of 2 x B118 per side and 1 x EM per side
AND a supplemental mono stack in the rear lobby of 2 x S2 and 2 x B118 to supplement the hangs of B118 / EM per side.

Total amps used on this were:
15 x MA5000
4 x MA3600
2 x MA2400

Quite a lot for 1700 people. Lot of positive comments back from punters and DJs though.

Swerving back to Danley:

I for one would love to see some of his products over here and am very interested in auditioning some.

I also want to see a Bassmaxx Trip (or 16 ;D)
Rental Stockist of:
D&B Audiotechnik
DAS Audio
Soundcraft
Midas
Shure
Sennheiser
DPA

Tim Talbot

• True Sound Hire
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2011, 04:51:22 PM »

So you work for Systems Etc then ?

Simon Ryder

• Audio Engineer LTD
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2011, 06:42:51 PM »

So you work for Systems Etc then ?

Used to. Over the last 5 or 6 years I have tended to handle special clients and contracts for them rather than any run-of-the-mill stuff.

I tend to be kept pretty busy by my own firm and my touring clients these days as well as Dobsons, SBD, PF Events, Alstublieft and a whole host of others.
Rental Stockist of:
D&B Audiotechnik
DAS Audio
Soundcraft
Midas
Shure
Sennheiser
DPA

Sheldon Harris

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2011, 04:04:34 AM »

There were some other BASSMAXX subs scattered about, but the Trips carried the water.  Harry was on that one as well, we turned the Trips down 14dB IIRC to get things balanced.

I can't remember what they were powered with.

It was deceptively loud.  The horn loaded stuff doesn't 'sound as loud' as some of the other arrangements.

doug, were the other bassmaxx cabinets front loaded or horn loaded? do you remember what processor was used to align the stacks, i am assuming the other subs were at stage left/right stacked  or flown.

Tim Talbot

• True Sound Hire
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2011, 07:39:50 PM »

Used to. Over the last 5 or 6 years I have tended to handle special clients and contracts for them rather than any run-of-the-mill stuff.

I tend to be kept pretty busy by my own firm and my touring clients these days as well as Dobsons, SBD, PF Events, Alstublieft and a whole host of others.

Is it Alstublieft that use Noise Control ??

Doug Fowler

• Member since May 1995, 2nd poster on original LAB, moderator on and off since 1997, now running TurboMOD v1.826
  • Administrator
  • Saint Louis, MO USA
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2011, 03:16:48 PM »

doug, were the other bassmaxx cabinets front loaded or horn loaded? do you remember what processor was used to align the stacks, i am assuming the other subs were at stage left/right stacked  or flown.

Sheldon - the other BASSMAXX boxes were Z5000s.  It looks like a horn design to me, maybe David Lee will chime in.  They were stacked on the outside of the line of trips maybe 50-60 feet.  Processor - don't know how it happened, but the delay tap box somehow never made it on site.  That left us with a deadly beam of bass and not much on the outsides.  Fortunately, the physical placement of the Z5000s mitigated it 'enough' to make it 'OK'.  Also in our favor was the fact that not many people were outside the area being service by the Trips, so it pretty much worked out although of course I would have _really_ liked to have some DSP.  Oh well.

Some days you eat the bear, some days the bear eats you.  We only got chewed on a tiny bit.... :-)

Brawndo, the Thirst Mutilator. 
It's got electrolytes. 
It's got what plants crave.

Simon Ryder

• Audio Engineer LTD
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2011, 07:21:40 AM »

Is it Alstublieft that use Noise Control ??

Yes. I have rather a lot of it available. We are doing Alexandra Palace with it in 3 weeks time. As with all products that don't have EAW, Nexo, Meyer or D&B in their name it can be hard to gain acceptance for a pretty amazing product. Once people hear it, they tend to walk away with a big smile. There was a shootout at the Roundhouse just before Christmas With Funktion One, Turbo, Void and NCA all putting massive rigs in there.The NCA system was voted the best in the competition by the judges, punters, artists and producers (except the ones with their own bias).

NCA have a particularly sick prototype quad 12 sub at the moment. 4 x 12 inch drivers on the end of a very large horn. A block of 4 of them is frankly frightening. The design isn't ready for release yet. It would be interesting to stack a few of them up against a few Bassmaxx Trips.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2011, 07:29:56 AM by Simon Ryder »
Rental Stockist of:
D&B Audiotechnik
DAS Audio
Soundcraft
Midas
Shure
Sennheiser
DPA

Tim Talbot

• True Sound Hire
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2011, 12:13:25 PM »

Yes i heard about this.... I also heard that the votes were based on the music played and not the systems...... I've been told by a few there that the Void system was crazy that night but a bit too much for some lol

What did Turbosound bring with them ?

Simon Ryder

• Audio Engineer LTD
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2011, 04:49:23 PM »

Yes i heard about this.... I also heard that the votes were based on the music played and not the systems...... I've been told by a few there that the Void system was crazy that night but a bit too much for some lol

What did Turbosound bring with them ?

A massive pile of Aspect.

From what I hear (mostly from the NCA guys surprisingly enough) Turbo didn't get a fair crack of the whip. Their DJs (Goldie and Metalheadz) just ran their mixer into clip, rather marring what apparently sounded like a superb system in sound check.

Rental Stockist of:
D&B Audiotechnik
DAS Audio
Soundcraft
Midas
Shure
Sennheiser
DPA

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2011, 04:49:23 PM »

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 22 queries.