ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Danley products ....  (Read 36254 times)

Tim Talbot

• True Sound Hire
Danley products ....
« on: February 13, 2011, 07:46:26 PM »

Does anybody on here stock the Danley products in the UK ?

I've read so much about these designs & products and what he seems to offer would suit what we're looking for down to a T.

Anybody ??? :)

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
Re: Danley products ....
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 07:49:19 PM »

Does anybody on here stock the Danley products in the UK ?

I've read so much about these designs & products and what he seems to offer would suit what we're looking for down to a T.

Anybody ??? :)

I think asking Danley who stocks their products in the UK would be a start.

Mac

Tim Talbot

• True Sound Hire
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 08:11:08 PM »

I think asking Danley who stocks their products in the UK would be a start.

Mac

I've been down this road with no such luck as of yet :?

Tim Talbot

• True Sound Hire
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2011, 07:03:22 AM »

Anyone ? ( Still no reply from Danely )

Ivan Beaver

• Atlanta GA
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2011, 07:42:44 AM »

Anyone ? ( Still no reply from Danely )

Who have you contacted?  Try [email protected] or [email protected] or call the office 770-535-0204.

As with a lot of professional products, they are usually not "stocked" items, but rather shipped on order.

There is lots of demo gear out there and around (not sure about the UK however).
A complex question is easily answered by a simple-easy to understand WRONG answer!

Ivan Beaver
Danley Sound Labs

PHYSICS- NOT FADS!

Tim Talbot

• True Sound Hire
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2011, 06:51:13 PM »

Looks like there isn't one Danley product in the UK :( oooh well

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2011, 01:44:08 PM »

Looks like there isn't one Danley product in the UK :( oooh well

There is a user in Denmark with several Danley products.  Frederick Rosenkjaer, I think.  While it's not trivial to get from the UK to Denmark, it's easier than going to the USA or waiting for a dealer network to develop.

Have fun, good luck.

Tim Mc
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Tim Talbot

• True Sound Hire
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2011, 05:46:26 PM »

As you all know the UK is mad about sub and sub bass cabinets and the Danley products look like they could just well wipe the floor with everything else we have here.... i guess we'll have to wait & see :) 

Tim McCulloch

• SR Forums
  • Wichita, Kansas USA
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2011, 05:22:59 PM »

As you all know the UK is mad about sub and sub bass cabinets and the Danley products look like they could just well wipe the floor with everything else we have here.... i guess we'll have to wait & see :)

For an idea of how Tom Danley designs things, you can audition the LABsubs (or LABhorn) as there have been a bunch built in the UK.  I think Dave Wohlford (?) has a bunch he takes to Nottinghill Fest.  A search of the PSW FUDforums will probably yield results.  The LABsubs are conventional horns and not the Tapped Horns for which Tom has been granted patents, but will give you some insight.  The LABs are physically larger than similarly-performing tapped horns, too.

If you go to the FUDforums "Product Review" forum you'll find comments from some of the 2007 New York City Sub Shootout participants.  Paul Bell graciously arranged for a venue, amplification, power distribution, shipping and receiving... and we got to come and listen.  Besides Danley, other notable subs came from BassMaxx (David Lee); LM Acoustics (the Quakes); Eona-ADR; and JTR Loudspeakers (Growlers).  The BassMaxx Triple Twelve generated an Environmental Police complaint from a 5th floor tenant... in a building across the street.

There are more choices than ever for subwoofers.  While I like and respect Tom & his crew, they're not the only game and I think you should listen to as many different models as possible.  Also don't forget that unless you set up the rig and are mixing the performance, everything you're hearing is being subjected to another person's idea of How Things Should Sound.  As such, you might not be getting a full (or proper) understanding of what the DUT is capable of.

Have fun, good luck.

Tim Mc
"If you're passing on your way, from Palm Springs to L.A., Give a wave to good ol' Dave, Say hello to progress and goodbye to the Moonlight Motor Inn." - Steve Spurgin, Moonlight Motor Inn

Tim Talbot

• True Sound Hire
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2011, 05:27:36 PM »

I know all about the EM quake subs as i've used 24x to cover 1500people once... very nice indeed but need to be used in big blocks of 4 or more.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2011, 05:27:36 PM »

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 22 queries.