ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: punisher horn questions  (Read 34773 times)

efreak

Re: punisher horn questions
« Reply #50 on: June 28, 2005, 08:59:20 AM »

Thank you for your kind words. I may build 4 more punishers and try them with the 4ohm Ciare instead of the 8ohm version as you suggest.

Do you think the 2ohm bridge connection will sound as good as the 4ohm bridge connection with same power?

Also i was wondering if you have ever had a change to hear 4x4 4ohm punisher with a FP6400 amplifier? Do you prefer the PL 6.0 for the heavy load?

A.j

Steve Shafer

Walt-Please update us on the punnisher II
« Reply #51 on: June 29, 2005, 12:00:37 PM »

Walt:

I was checking on speakerstore.nl, and you have some new plans listed as Punnisher II.  Care to explain some of the updates and improvements?

I am aware of the driver change.  However, as the speakerstore.nl site is not in English, the rest gets a bit fuzzy.

Thanks

Steve S

efreak

Re: punisher horn questions
« Reply #52 on: June 29, 2005, 12:37:11 PM »

2 of the punishers in the pic are the punisher II models. The Punisher II was designed to provide more room on the bottom of the Ciare speaker to provide for better venting of the speaker. This newer design also makes for easier removal of the speaker from the side access panel.

The 2005 model Ciare speaker that you now purchase is slightly larger than the 2004 models they were using in the original punisher.

Walt de Jong

Re: Walt-Please update us on the punnisher II
« Reply #53 on: June 30, 2005, 02:51:14 AM »

Hello Steve,

As Efreak already explained in his reply the Ciare model 2005 is slightly deeper due to a change of the basket. The new basket allows for better cooling of the voicecoil. The Punisher II allows for somewhat more space behind the magnet vent. This allows for optimal cooling.

Also I added an extra reinforcement panel in the nose of the driver backchamber. I noticed some vibrations on this panel with the version I. With its four bracings Punisher II is a very strong cabinet with litte vibrations of the panels.

Outer dimensions have been kept the same. Performance of Punisher II should be the same of even better than Punisher I due to the new driver.

Best regards,

Walt

Walt de Jong

« Reply #54 on: June 30, 2005, 02:05:19 PM »

Here are some exploded views for the Punisher II:

http://www.speakerstore.nl/constructions/speakerstore/Punish er/21.jpg

http://www.speakerstore.nl/constructions/speakerstore/Punish er/20.jpg

Best regards,

Walt

Gaston Oberti

« Reply #55 on: October 14, 2005, 04:02:30 PM »

Walt.. The punisher horn has an incredible design, it is just beautiful!
we want to make a couple of cabs for small PA, but most for indor use.. Here in Uruguay, the CIARE is almost impossible to find.. so, we have on hand two Eminence Omega Pro 12.. Could this drivers work well in the punisher??. they're rated at 700W... Bl is lower, and other TS specs are a bit different from the CIARE 12.00
Any range of parameters to ensure proper function of the driver?
Will the Omega Pro 12 work on it?. It would not be hit with full power.. Is for an Indoor sub, small to very small places..

thanks
Gaston
Gaston Oberti
MSN: notsag20@hotmail.com
-----------------------------------------------
Even a broken watch sets exact time twice a day
-----------------------------------------------
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.025 seconds with 17 queries.