ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: punisher horn questions  (Read 34774 times)

Jim York

Re: punisher horn questions
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2005, 06:58:25 AM »

You might want to take a look at the Tuba subs at www.billfitzmaurice.com and chat with owners of them at http://audioroundtable.com/BillFitzmaurice/. Not only are the plans done in inches but the drivers are easily found in the US.

Steve Shafer

Ciare drivers are available in the US
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2005, 12:17:29 AM »

Ciare drivers are relatively easy to come by in the US. So don't let that turn you away from Walt's sub.  Just contact Jack Arnott @ assistance audio.  He has a web site and lists the Ciare prices on the site.  

If you do some searching through the archieves, Jack posts on the LAB fairly regularly

Steves

efreak

« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2005, 11:50:00 PM »

Yep Jack has them in stock. Picked one up today. Almost finshed my first punisher. Thumbs Up

efreak

« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2005, 04:40:58 AM »

Found a tape with MM. First punisher prototype is complete. All i can say is that i am hooked. The output of the punisher is amazing. This sub hits you so hard in your chest it's scary. When Walt said a group of 4 will take your breath away, he was not lying.The Clarie 12.00sw driver is just awsome and handles huge amounts of power. Now i must start on a second one Smile

Walt de Jong

« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2005, 06:32:49 AM »

Nice to hear you are happy with the design, now comes the fun part:

Two Punishers stacked together is much better than just one. A stack of four gets really loud. The coupling of two cabs extends the response down compared to a single sub it also gives you better effiency. If you want to know how 2 stacked Punishers sound you can put your single cab on the ground against a wall. The wall will offer some 'mirror' effect which is almost the same as two Punisher on the ground with no walls.

Best regards,

Walt

Paul Valenzuela

« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2005, 02:10:28 PM »

Hi Walt,
Excuse me for being so annoying, as I said I'm really interestedon the Punisher. My question is that if you have some kind of "build guide" for the punishers (as there are for the LABs)

I never make a horn before, just some simple reflex cabs,  so I will need and extra help

thanks for your apreciation

Paul Valenzuela

michiel

« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2005, 07:48:21 PM »

Paul Valenzuela wrote on Thu, 07 April 2005 19:10

Hi Walt,
Excuse me for being so annoying, as I said I'm really interestedon the Punisher. My question is that if you have some kind of "build guide" for the punishers (as there are for the LABs)

I never make a horn before, just some simple reflex cabs,  so I will need and extra help

thanks for your apreciation

Paul Valenzuela

Is this good?: http://www.speakerstore.nl/constructions/speakerstore/Punish er/punisher_bouwtekening.jpg
http://www.speakerstore.nl/constructions/speakerstore/Punish er/punisher_reinforcementlayout.jpg

Paul Valenzuela

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2005, 12:32:24 AM »

hahha  Laughing

I guess I didn't myself clear

I want to know if somebody has a "punisher construction guide" like the one of the LABs,  
I already have seen those plans,  but I guess I'm too stupid to just follow them (is there a "punishers constructions for dummies" ?? )  

jejej  But thanks for the information

Cheers

efreak

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2005, 12:39:29 AM »

Walt wrote on Thu, 07 April 2005 11:32

Nice to hear you are happy with the design, now comes the fun part:

Two Punishers stacked together is much better than just one. A stack of four gets really loud. The coupling of two cabs extends the response down compared to a single sub it also gives you better effiency. If you want to know how 2 stacked Punishers sound you can put your single cab on the ground against a wall. The wall will offer some 'mirror' effect which is almost the same as two Punisher on the ground with no walls.

Best regards,

Walt

Walt,

Yes the punisher is very loud for its size. It is much louder than my 18" Kilomax bass reflex sub. The first one was only a prototype that i made from 15mm MDF. Birch plywood in unavaibale here in 15MM size (12mm or 18mm only)so i used MDF for the prototype. I will build 2 more punishers form 18mm and adjust the plans for the 18mm wood.

Your design is very nice and your website is helpfull. I also had a little help from someone with autocad plans of the punisher. The AutoCad plans show the cut and angle of each board which is very helpfull.

Thank you for sharing your design and keep up the hard work, i will keep you updated once i finish the 2 punisher from 18mm birch plywood

A.J

Walt de Jong

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2005, 01:25:52 AM »

Hello efreak,

The driver fit is very close even with the 15mm Birch! This is because we designed the punisher for the Caire 2004 model. When they released the even heavier 2005 model (T/S parameters are the same as 2004 model but better cooling, it now handles 1000W RMS instead of 750W RMS) this one turned out to be somewhat deeper. Make sure you keep the internal measurments of the small driver compartiment the same otherwise the Ciare 12.00SW will NOT fit in anymore!

Try to keep the internal dimensions as much the same as possible. But since it is a basshorn and the wavelengths involved are big a few mm more or less is no big deal. It is much more important to have a solid en air tight construction.

Here in the Netherlands 15mm MDF is very hard to get, 15mm birch is standard. But I found out you can get almost everything if you ask around. A Punisher out of 18mm birch will be very heavey! If I were you I would try to find a source for the 15mm birch plywood.

Best regards,

Walt
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.019 seconds with 17 queries.