ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: dbx DR 260 manual ... Is it just me?  (Read 7319 times)

Scott Helmke (Scodiddly)

Re: dbx DR 260 manual ... Is it just me?
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2005, 05:17:47 PM »

Back to the Driverack... the manual is OK, it's the user interface on the DR itself that drives me nuts.  

Brian Adams

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2005, 06:07:01 PM »

Scott Helmke wrote on Fri, 11 March 2005 16:17

Back to the Driverack... the manual is OK, it's the user interface on the DR itself that drives me nuts.  

I will agree that scrolling through on that little screen is a pain, but have you tried it with the PC control?  With that, I think it's one of the easiest things to use.  

Maybe a little too easy.  I think it's a trap. Rolling Eyes
B.

Timmahh

• http://www.chromepony.us
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2005, 06:50:55 PM »

Razz
just loaded the gui control software a few days ago, never bother to much with the manual unless im looking to blow something up, then i m all about reading.

as a 1st timer working with management system, i found it fairly simple, but working with the small led was a bit of a pain, but all in all, pretty simple to navigate. had it figured out in like 20 minutes or so.. but it definatly seems much easier with the laptop. Very Happy

will be spending some time in the next week or 2 with with the 260 and the laptop, which i expect to dig up the manual and peruse it a bit more.  only hopeing i dont BLOW IT UP, by using the manual. lol
I had to do it cuz I'm Just like that!!!!!
Timmahh!!!

Tom Reid

« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2005, 03:09:34 AM »

B. Adams wrote on Fri, 11 March 2005 17:07

Scott Helmke wrote on Fri, 11 March 2005 16:17

I will agree that scrolling through on that little screen is a pain, but have you tried it with the PC control?  With that, I think it's one of the easiest things to use.  

Maybe a little too easy.  I think it's a trap. Rolling Eyes

Now on my wireless Ipaq would be sweet ...
tom

What does Buddha do on his day off?

Scott Helmke (Scodiddly)

« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2005, 07:54:31 AM »

The user interface isn't bad at all when running a show - I quickly learned to jump around the different function screens, make adjustments, etc.  But the initial setup, trying to figure out how to change the basic output arrangement was a bit of an adventure.  You do have to go through the whole "setup" section to make any changes, and finishing up and getting back to regular operations is not very intuitive.

I found that just going through the tutorial in the manual helped me get over the initial learning curve.  Usually the opposite is true.

Bruce Gering

« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2005, 10:50:24 AM »

I agree with what the others have said: Load the software and hook up to a PC. The manual is a bit stuffy and vague. Use it for initial setup and things or if you get stuck. Other than that, the only way to really learn the unit is by messin' with it. Don't be afraid to dig in, but be sure to back up your settings on another device or at least on another channel. I've found that the presets for the amp/speaker combo's to be VERY conservative. Listen, test, and listen again. You will go through some growing pains.
Sometimes I wish I had a clone of myself so I could enjoy life while my clone worked for me. Thing is, my clone would just keep the money, or worse yet, I would be working while he enjoyed my life!

Mike Chapin

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2005, 12:48:52 PM »

Actually, I haven't hooked it up to a computer yet, but I have learned to navigate the little display pretty well. I've set up three different custom settings for full-range mains with no subs, full-range mains with subs, and bi-amped mains with subs. I just don't find the descriptions of the functions to be in-depth enough.

For example, I can't figure out how to make an unused output be an open rather than a wire or filter. I mean, I know I can just mute the output channel, but I'd rather not have any signal going to it in the first place. Even though I set it to "off" in the I/O section, I still get signal to that channel.

Oh well. I'll hook it up to the computer and figure it out.
What if the Hokey Pokey really is what it's all about?

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2005, 12:48:52 PM »

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 23 queries.