ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Crown I-Tech Info  (Read 2626 times)

Garry Wilson

• http://www.986sound.com
Crown I-Tech Info
« on: March 07, 2005, 01:37:25 PM »

Here's some info the I pickup up from a crown dealer at Pro Production 2005 about a week and a half ago. There was a Harmon Pro room, in it were reps from; Crown, DBX, Soundcraft, BSS and JBL. There were giving presentations on some of there latest gear.

Some here have wondered (including myself)whether Crown would be making a DSPless version of the I-Tech, which our thinking is, it will reduce cost of the units. Crown says NO! The cost of the amp is right at the price point of similar amps and the DSP should be considered a throw in freebie. Also some of the circuit board the make up the DSP is incorporated to a point where other items that make the amp work are also on this board, so you can't just eliminate that board.

Other items of note; the amp works on any power (110 -220)automatically without flipping any switches and includes a few different power cords for use in different countries.

Will never draw more than 20amps no matter how hard its driven.

If three or more I-Techs are used in a rack, there should be no space bewteen the units, you get an air "coupling" effect for cooling.

Hope this helps

Garry W
98.6 Sound
Laurel, MD

www.986sound.com

98.6 Sound
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.013 seconds with 16 queries.