ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Proud Papa  (Read 1527 times)

Al Limberg

Proud Papa
« on: March 01, 2005, 12:30:28 PM »

Hi guys!  Well, when something good happens, you like to share it with your friends so here's my 'good' for the day.  Just spoke to my son ( a senior at Columbia in Chicago majoring in architectural acoustics) and it seems an independent study paper that he did last summer has been accepted by the Acoustical Society of America and he has been invited to present it at their 149th meeting in Vancouver the week of May 16-20 this spring.  He spent the summer of 2004 in Cincinatti doing independent noise studies for the areas surrounding the old Cinci airport.  The newer and more used airport is actually across the river in Covington,KY but several of the major corporations (P&G,etc.) would like to expand the old airport for corporate jets as a matter of convenience for themselves and their customers.  On the other hand, the area around the old airport is heavily residential and that can be a problem.  At any rate, as you can well imagine, at least I think it's pretty cool.

Thanx for latting me brag,

Al

Al
If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get one million miles to the gallon, and explode once a year killing everyone inside - Robert X. Cringely

Tom Reid

Re: Proud Papa
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2005, 04:11:17 PM »

Tough school!
Good organisation.
Public speaking ...I'd be scared to death. Hmmm, may explain my disdain for karaokeeeee.
Kudos to you Al.

I guess the kid is a knob off the old mixer  Very Happy
tom

What does Buddha do on his day off?
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 20 queries.