Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: stuff  (Read 8561 times)

Michael 'Bink' Knowles

• http://www.binkster.net/index.shtml
Re: stuff
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2005, 05:55:13 PM »

Dude, is that really duct tape?  Rolling Eyes

Another thing that makes mixing easier is snugging up your mic inputs to bring them closer to the central master section. If I were mixing that show, I'd be tempted to move the first section of inputs up seven inputs so that the empty slots from 10 to 16 are filled up. But that's just me.

-Bink
Michael 'Bink' Knowles
www.binkster.net

Bill Gruber

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2005, 06:31:12 PM »

Who needs board tape? On my DM2k I get a digital readout of the channel id  Very Happy

-Sax
The more I learn.....The less I know

Tom Reid

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2005, 06:52:04 PM »

Bink wrote on Thu, 24 February 2005 16:55

Dude, is that really duct tape?  Rolling Eyes

Another thing that makes mixing easier is snugging up your mic inputs to bring them closer to the central master section. If I were mixing that show, I'd be tempted to move the first section of inputs up seven inputs so that the empty slots from 10 to 16 are filled up. But that's just me.

-Bink

And some of us pray for a free channel.
tom

What does Buddha do on his day off?

Dave Dermont

• http://www.geocities.com/livesound101/
« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2005, 08:48:55 PM »

I especially like that last picture.  Rolling Eyes

I like how some stuff is plugged into an unlabeled rack panel, and other stuff is plugged right into the back of the amps. Having all the cables hanging out in the open to catch on stuff is really cool too.

The cheezy yellow extension cord is icing on the cake. Were all the orange ones used up? Laughing

Dave Dermont - Chief Lizard, LAB Lounge

WARNING: Dates In Calendar May Be Closer Than They Appear

Lee Patzius

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2005, 02:52:03 AM »

I like that magnet idea (if the console ain't aluminum). personally, I always carry rolls of white electrician's tape and sharpies.

Otherwise, besides what has already been critiqued (and I'll add the fact that I just don't know anything about the Yamaha effects) I think you've got a really nice system. OK I admit it, VERY nice! In comparison to what we've been playing through, it totally makes our system look like a piece of $#!t!
Lee Patzius

Andy Leviss

• http://OneFromTheRoad.com
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2005, 12:51:14 PM »

Eegads, e-tape on a console is almost as bad as duct or such. Console tape, or it's identical twin, paper artist's tape (available at any art supply store) is the ONLY adhesive you should ever use on a console (the one exception I make to that rule is P-Touch tape with the NORMAL adhesive, not the heavy duty ones). Anything else gets nassssssty when you remove it, especially if it's gotten nice and hot.

--A
IATSE Local 1
Available for work in NYC or on the road.
Editor, One From The Road: Tools, Toys, and Tales for Theatrical Technicians

ChainedDragon

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2005, 02:00:49 PM »

Confused

John Roberts {JR}

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2005, 03:01:20 PM »

Glad to see you had me turned up...  Smile

JR
 https://www.resotune.com/

Tune it, or don't play it...
-----

Lee Patzius

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2005, 05:10:11 PM »

Quote:

Eegads, e-tape on a console is almost as bad as duct or such.

DUDE!!! That simply ain't true! Are you sure about that? Duct tape? I use Scotch 35 White Vinyl electrical tape all the time!

I'm not talking about the nasty but killer Scotch 33+ Black tape... Who'd be able to write on black tape anyway? I'm talking the colored 35 vinyl electrical tape.

As a matter of fact, I carry all the colors of Scotch 35 vinyl in my tool bag, and for over 9 documented years in a row as a Scotch 35 vinyl user, (because I don't know the brand I used 20 years before that) I've used it as temporary tape on paper too. I use it as a makeshift "post-it note" adhesive for delicate jobs, labels, and for temporary tape duty, I use it to hold up electrical prints on control panel doors, on construction sites, and it'll peel off perfectly without leaving any residue AND without ripping the paper when careful.

Now, if I were to take my heat gun and melt it, or use it outside in the blistering hot sun for days on end, or leave it on there permanently, yeah it'll leave residue when removed. But for temporary indoor usage, especially for short term console duty, tested weeks on end at a time, it leaves absolutely zero residue, especially on painted enamel, silk screened surfaces, and again, when removed from paper, zero paper rip-page, but it may pick up pencil marks. Sure... I could rip paper with it if I were to prove a point. But I wouldn't knowingly suggest a bad idea on this site.

I especially wouldn't make a claim if I hadn't tried it. Have YOU tried it? It is a FAR cry from duct tape.

But if that ain't enough, I also use colored VWR Scientific tape in the same manner as above too. Designed for zero residue labelling in laboratories, and its waterproof, which is even kinder and gentler for researchers, tears by hand very easy, and can be purchased from VWR Scientific, and that's the problem... It's not readily available everywhere. So... As a field service instrument electrician by day, the Scotch 35 white vinyl that I carry on me by day AND night, it is plentiful, tried and true, and proven nearly perfect for the job, especially console labeling, and everything else!

And... It even doubles as bonified electrical tape too, great for insulating, AND marking, AND removing, from wire pull bundles, like I do all the time... every day damn near.
Lee Patzius

Dan Brown

• http://www.reachcomm.net
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2005, 10:11:47 PM »

I agree with LJP,
I use the white Scotch 35 white vinyl tape and it works great, NO residue.  The black stuff on the other hand leaves crap on everything.  I also use all the other colors and they work pretty much the same as the white stuff.  The white does not really leave anything behind, even in high heat for a month at a time or more.  I even left a piece on a rack for "temporary" labeling for over a year, it came off fine no residue.  I use board tape on my consoles however, it isn't as expensive as the electrical tape (scotch 35 that is)
peace
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 19 queries.