ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: who can help me make a good decision...?  (Read 2166 times)

drumart

who can help me make a good decision...?
« on: February 02, 2005, 10:08:23 AM »

I'm planning to buy two single 18" subs (band use). They have to be 'mobile' and handable (weight is important factor here), but of course, sound is way more important. I have jbl's mpro single 18" now, but want something better. Price doesn't matter that much. Who has info which single 18" is the 'best'? I'm now looking at the JBL SRX718 or EAW LA 118, but don't know hwich one is better. Are there any other (better) subs out there?
Drumart!

[x]

Re: who can help me make a good decision...?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2005, 10:49:00 AM »

If you are open to building, or have a friend/relative who is into woodworking or cabinet making, you ought to consider the DIY approach. The LAB sub us one huge beast and so it;s probably a little too big for your application but there are some smaller horn subs these days that are easier to build. Your question may be better to ask in the Lounge.
I've said and written things in the past that I wouldn't throw away in my own trash can for fear that you'd find them. My name is mud.

Cameron Wink

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2005, 08:33:27 PM »

the aura 1808 is a slammin sub with double the excursion of most.  i see www.hticsproaudio.com shows as having 4 single 18 cab's with them for $600 each although they may no longer be available.  give them a call and see what's up

cameron wink

Tim Padrick

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2005, 01:15:37 PM »

Those Aura boxes were all sold long ago.  If you can build boxes, consider using the current version of the driver: http://www.bhivemotor.com/  (If it's good enough for the folks at Bassmaxx....)

The MP418 is pretty decent.  I'd not consider the 718 without a proper demonstration so that you know it is worth the change.

A 2x18 can actually be easier to load, as instead of having to lift the entire weight, you can tip it over, lift the other end, and slide it in the truck.

The PV QW218 was very well ranked at the NY Subwoofer Shootout, and can be had for $1000 per box or less (including shipping).
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 21 queries.