ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Recording Sync Question  (Read 701 times)

rick

Recording Sync Question
« on: January 29, 2005, 01:01:14 am »

So I;' working in a small college venue and we're looking to record  some of our shows for broadcast later on our radio station. Due to lack of a budget our recording setup is going to be rather low tech and we only have two channels into the computer that we'd be doing the mixing on so were looking onto some way of syncing the tracks (for budget reasons any sort of world clock is out of the question).

So my real question is is there any way to send a click or pop or something to all the channels of a mixer yeah its going to sound weird to the audience but our opinion is that they can deal, we are also recoding two channels of room mikes, but we can can figure out what the delay is going to be between the clicks sent straight to tape and the time it takes to get to the mics.

Rick

Bill Gruber

Re: Recording Sync Question
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2005, 08:25:19 am »

So your planning to record your 2 tracks stereo out from your board or room mics? why do you need a click trck for 2 channels? or are you recording more than 2 tracks only 2 at a time?

-Sax
The more I learn.....The less I know

Liam Flynn

Re: Recording Sync Question
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2005, 10:34:57 am »

It seems like
1)You could find a way to do this before the audience arrives
2) You could find a way to make your mic placement repeatable, so you would only have to do it once
3) If there are any phase problems, you could nudge the tracks together later in your recording/mixing software.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 20 queries.