ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Seismic Audio  (Read 11627 times)

Luther Fairley

Seismic Audio
« on: February 12, 2011, 11:21:14 PM »

Does anyone use any of thier product?

Philip Rasmus

Re: Seismic Audio
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 05:54:18 PM »

I mixed on band's Seismic rig and felt it was the worst I've encountered.  I refused to use it again.  It was the plywood versions with 12/horn, 15/horn and subs.  To be fair, it is dirt cheap.

Chris Dozorec

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2011, 01:53:57 PM »

I had the misfortune of buying some mic cables and a patch snake
from them. Very poor build quality, and no strain relief on the snake.
Save your money.....buy once, cry once!

Luther Fairley

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2011, 12:56:08 AM »

Ok thanks i bought some speaker cable from them........Im nervous now.....

Rick Powell

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 04:14:06 PM »

I just bid on a SA snake reel on ebay.  I am thinking, "how badly could they screw up a snake reel?"  Their regular price is like $270.  If the bidding goes over $150 I'll just get a Hannay.

RYAN LOUDMUSIC JENKINS

• Az Concert Sound Solutions
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2011, 11:08:01 PM »

This topic took a bit of a swirve in the end but the beginning tells it all.  Worst P.A. I have ever had to mix on, period!
http://www.soundforums.net/live/threads/837-When-watts-aren-t-watts!

Marsellus Fariss

• Grey Eagle Music Hall
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2011, 01:41:47 AM »

I've recently seen and bought several of newest line of OSP snakes. I had a look at a smaller snake in a club in town and also bought a couple of their 8 channel sub snakes with the "Elite Core" logo on them. I definitely saw some pretty lame snakes they sold in the past and while these aren't Whirlwind they certainly are worth the money you pay.

I'm totally happy with the sub snakes. Connectors are fine, strain reliefs are real solid, the boxes could be thicker steel but since it's not on the road I don't think I'll ever have a problem with them. I had a look at the soldiering and it looks decent and although there's no shrink wrap over the connections in the box they do put a little bit of clear plastic tubing over them to prevent fraying issues. All the connectors are screwed in vs. riveted which I'm not crazy about and it looks like on the larger snakes the panel mounts are installed from inside the box. This means you'll have to check them every so often and tighten them back down or spend a day pop riveting. The panel mounts on my sub snakes are solid standard like Neutrik nock-offs.

I ordered one of their newer OSP 1/4 TRS to dual 1/4 TS insert snakes recently to replace some crap old Hosa molded insert cables at a venue and it was worth the price. Build quality is not high end and feels kinda cheap but will hold up for the long haul. It's not the molded end kind so repairs can be made. My only complaint is the fan out isn't long enough and I can't quite reach both ends of a 32 channel desk. Could be modified though. It's on the house outboard that's mostly Behringer and doesn't see much use anyway. But 16 channels of TRS insert for under $100 is where it's at. I had a problem with an older insert snake I got from them a few years back that had super crappy TRS jacks and they just refunded my money no problem. This new stuff is substantially better.

I'm probably going to order one of their 32 channel splitter snakes at some point soon for the occasion that I need one for feeding light duty multitrack rigs and monitor desks in small venues where I don't need iron and ground lifts. I wouldn't use them for mission critical big shows where you need a real audio distro w/ transformers though to feed a nice multitrack rig or truck however. But for simple passive slitting they seem sturdy enough. 

I wouldn't put any of these products on somebodies A rig and truck it around the world except for maybe the sub snakes but for the B and C rigs, churches and clubs where they won't get beat on and rained on to terribly bad I wouldn't hesitate spending the little money they cost. They are way better then any of the molded end stuff, the connecters are good and they can be repaired.     
Marsellus Fariss
Production Manager
Grey Eagle Music Hall

Ambassador to Clubland
"Welcome to Clubland! Here's a Sharpie and your input list. Its 30 minutes till doors."

Quote from: dick rees
Just accept that it's a crap situation and take the money.

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2011, 01:41:47 AM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 25 queries.