ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Jack plates  (Read 1469 times)

Alan Searchwell

Jack plates
« on: January 23, 2005, 02:48:56 pm »

Just curious as I come close to finishing my "prototype" lab sub, how people have wired their input connections. All the pictures I've seen have dual Neutrik speakon 4 pole sockets. With a nominal impedance of 6 ohms per driver and 3 ohms per cabinet are people really daisy chaining these cabinets? If not, why not use a single socket and eliminate the chance of people even tryin to run two cabinets per channel?
Searchie in Kingston

Al Limberg

Re: Jack plates
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2005, 04:41:35 pm »

I'm one of those who uses dual NL4s, but I use Pin 1 /- for one 12 and pin 2 +/- for the second. On small gigs I may use a single Lab per side with a separate amp channel driving each 12, whereas I may add a second sub, jumper from one to the next, and drive 2x12 off each amp channel.

HTH,
Al

p.s.  On the other hand of course, I can always stack the banana plugs inside the amp rack when running single Labs
If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get one million miles to the gallon, and explode once a year killing everyone inside - Robert X. Cringely
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 21 queries.