ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Today's peeve  (Read 1931 times)

Andy Peters

• http://www.latke.net/
Today's peeve
« on: January 23, 2005, 02:32:43 AM »

It must be that time of year.  I'm gonna vent.

Big show last Friday.  The mixer-person sent e-mail to the promoter asking if soundcheck could start at 5pm, rather than our usual load-in at 6, check ASAP.  E-mail back and forth, "do you need to?" "yes, absolutely." Sure, yeah, no problem leaving work early ('specially since they're closing our office anyways!).  I get there on time.  No band.  They call from the road: they're still on their way from San Diego (405 miles on I-8) because a couple of the band members weren't feeling well. They arrive around 8pm.  Thanks for calling us earlier in the day, letting us know you're leaving later than expected.

Big show tonight.  It's the afternoon, and I'm out with Jen and her sister and the phone rings.  It's Steve from the club, saying that the band's tour manager called.  Seems as if the band was already in town and wanted to soundcheck at at 5pm.  Ohhh, OK, sure, I'll rearrange my schedule and come in an hour early.  Come quarter to six, no band, no answer on their cell phones, and I'm hungry so I call for a burrito.  I get back from the restaurant about 6:20 and the band had just arrived.  Turns out that the idiot tour manager didn't actually tell the band that he wanted them to get to the club earlier.  I should have told them, sorry, no soundcheck, but punishing their sound guy (who was fine) and the band for the stupidity of their yutz tour manager seemed a bit excessive.  Who hires these idiots, anyways?

Arrrgh.

--a
"This isn't some upside down inverted Socratic method where you throw out your best guess answers and I correct your work." -- JR

"On the Internet, nobody can hear you mix a band."
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 20 queries.