ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: 2 Questions  (Read 2154 times)

Lance Raney

2 Questions
« on: January 13, 2005, 04:58:15 PM »

Hello all,

I have a couple of Questions.

1. What kind of hazer should I look into or were can I find reviews of them?

2. I have 4 mx-4s ny martin and need a programmable controller for them am looking at the martin freekie but was wondering about light jockey software and or chauvets computer software any comments on either of them please?

Thanks,
Lance Raney
Paradise Sounds
Wisconsin Dells, WI  Smile

Nick S.

Re: 2 Questions
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2005, 12:39:25 PM »

Re: your first question

It depends a lot on what you want them to do. If you're working in a small theatrical environment you'd want to find the quietest hazer you could. Assuming you want it for concert work, fan noise wouldn't be a problem, but you probably want to take into consideration the following:

1) DMX Control - Some hazers (typically those way down the pricing scale) won't have DMX output (so you can't control it via your lx console).

2) Output - Typically measured in m3/min. Obviously if you're in quite a large venue you'd want a higher output than in a smaller venue.

3) Rigging points - Some hazers require an additional accessory to be clamped onto a bar. Something to think about if you want at some point to put your hazer in the rig.

Don't really know about the various brands etc., because as a theatre techie I typically only use hazers once or twice a year, and normally hire a TechnoHaze (now defunct).

len woelfel

• http://www.party-chicago.com/rentals/rentals.html
Re: 2 Questions
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2005, 07:10:14 PM »

The LeMaitre hazer is really good, and the difference in price is more than offset by its good durability and very low fluid usage.

As for programming, LightJockey is way better than the Elation.  Better library, easier to use, more fixtures, more features, more more more.  I prefer it even over HOGPC.  
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 20 queries.