ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Lexicon MPX1 problems  (Read 13453 times)

Norbert Ruf

• http://www.laolu.faithweb.com
Re: Lexicon MPX1 problems
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2005, 12:30:43 AM »

Hi all,
this not as a response to anybody personally, maybe rather to round things off a little.
The input power issue that stirred some temperaments here is not an issue at all, in my understanding of things. Reason: the MPX1 has a switching power supply that runs with anything between 100

Adam Kane

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2005, 04:25:16 PM »

It's been a few months since this post last came to the top and I've had a few more glitches with the units.

I'll probably be recommending that the church buy other units so I'll ask the question once more just for the heck of it...has anyone used any other FX units with sound quality and features comparable to the MPX1?  I'd be very interested to hear personal experiences.

thanks

adam

Tom Reid

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2005, 07:01:28 PM »

Drumrkane wrote on Thu, 17 March 2005 15:25

It's been a few months since this post last came to the top and I've had a few more glitches with the units.

I'll probably be recommending that the church buy other units so I'll ask the question once more just for the heck of it...has anyone used any other FX units with sound quality and features comparable to the MPX1?  I'd be very interested to hear personal experiences.

thanks

adam

TC Electronics M300.

tom

What does Buddha do on his day off?

Dan Brown

• http://www.reachcomm.net
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2005, 10:10:14 PM »

I would say the TC m300 is not up to par with the Lexicon MPX1
It has decent effects but is not totally user selectable.(by this I mean the fine tuning/no display)  I wouldn't even say the mpx550 is, although it does sound nice.  I would personally go with a TC m2000, sells now for a little less the the MPX1 did new.  I own three of these so I am a little biased, but I used to have a MPX1 and enjoy the TC more.  The one thing I like best about the TC is that you can run 2 auxes in to 2 seperate effects and run stereo out.  If you are looking for another machine that still sounds good but is cheaper, I would go with the TC m-oneXL.  All in all you can go wrong with most new effect units in the $350 - $750 range.

[Edit] - Grammar

Tom Reid

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2005, 11:32:12 PM »

thesuperspike wrote on Thu, 17 March 2005 21:10

I would say the TC m300 is not up to par with the Lexicon MPX1
It has decent effects but is not totally user selectable.(by this I mean the fine tuning/no display)  I wouldn't even say the mpx550 is, although it does sound nice.  I would personally go with a TC m2000, sells now for a little less the the MPX1 did new.  I own three of these so I am a little biased, but I used to have a MPX1 and enjoy the TC more.  The one thing I like best about the TC is that you can run 2 auxes in to 2 seperate effects and run stereo out.  If you are looking for another machine that still sounds good but is cheaper, I would go with the TC m-oneXL.  All in all you can go wrong with most new effect units in the $350 - $750 range.

[Edit] - Grammar

The M300 has sound similar to the MPX1, as a matter of fact, some of the reverbs on the M300 are better then MPX1 presets to my ear.

As far as fine tuning, the unit provides analog knobs that will allow a more visual representation of settings.  All the values that you need to menu to are there on the knobs.

Tap delay, decent specs, SPDIF out.

It has memory presets to store any patch you can twiddle up.
It also is dual channel.  You can use 1 aux for reverb, one for multiFX, and they both come back to the same stereo return.
It can also be used as a stereo AD coverter, just send stereo to the inputs, and tap off the SPDIF output to digital.

It's just about the best damn $200 processor out there.
Yup, the m-one is a better unit at more money, and is more digital friendly if you're into that kind of thing.
I'd recommend the Fireworx too, if I think the guy had the bucks.

I've got a 550 in the same rack with the M300.  I like the 550 a lot, but I wouldn't get rid of the M300 for anything.

tom

What does Buddha do on his day off?

Dan Brown

• http://www.reachcomm.net
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2005, 09:05:14 AM »

Tom,
I never said I didn't like it.  It is fine for $200 dollars.  The settings on the front panel are BASIC and are fine for those who don't want/know how to change other settings.  Personally I use the Reverb time i.e. 1.9sec or whatever, and the m300 only has a knob for somwhere between min and max.  I was guessing that Adam wanted more than that, since they put the money into the Lexicons to begin with.
Adam:
check out this combo, TC m-oneXL and TC m2000, you could use the m1 for drum and inst. efx and the m2k could be a vox reverb and a vox delay.  If you only have the auxes/money for one, get the m2000.  You WILL be very pleased.
just a suggestion.

[Edit - Grammar]
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.031 seconds with 17 queries.