ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thoughts on Soundcraft GigRac 1000  (Read 1222 times)

asouth

Thoughts on Soundcraft GigRac 1000
« on: January 05, 2005, 03:06:19 pm »

I'm not really fond of powered anything but this new Gigrac powereed mixer seems to be a great deal for small gigs.  I can't seem to find very many reviews of this product, so I thought I would open it up to the LAB... anyone...anyone....thoughts....

Bennett Prescott

• http://www.adraudio.com
Re: Thoughts on Soundcraft GigRac 1000
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2005, 10:56:41 pm »

I recommended the box to a singer songwriter friend of mine. Seems perfect for coffee-shop type gigs if there's only 1-3 people in the act... I haven't actually used it, but it's a simple concept at a pretty decent price.
-- Bennett Prescott
Director of North American Sales
ADRaudio d.o.o.
Cell: (518) 488-7190

"Give me 6dB and I shall move the world." -Archimedes

Ryan McLeod

Re: Thoughts on Soundcraft GigRac 1000
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2005, 01:36:57 pm »

I do some work for a retailer, including the odd "torture test" for their rental department. Their standard unit is a Yamaha EMX-88s (Stereo or Main/Mon, 8xmic, 2x stereo, FX, 2x500W/4-ohms) and we compared the two units. The Yamaha seemed more pleasing to my ears and seemed to have a little more power.

The Soundcraft did have all the "funny-shaped-cool-blue-LED-sex appeal" thing down-pat, but the Yamaha at least follows standard setup and layout - much easier for anyone to figure out in a rush.

I think the Yamaha was a bit cheaper as well - check it out if you have the chance.

"What happens is fact, not truth. Thuth is what we think about what happens"
            -Robert McKee
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.021 seconds with 19 queries.