ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: "Magic" kick drum  (Read 30968 times)

Franz Francis

Re: "Magic" kick drum
« Reply #50 on: November 26, 2005, 08:52:27 AM »

Most time I receive tons of complemnts from the drummer...My Kick drum never sounded so good.

Franz Francis

Antone Atmarama Bajor

• http://www.geocities.com/somesoundgreat
« Reply #51 on: November 26, 2005, 09:20:36 PM »

That seems to be a common practice with some of the guys that work at Ultra sound too.

I think I'm going to try it at my next gig.

Antone-

Eric Nelson

• http://www.hbsound.com
« Reply #52 on: November 26, 2005, 10:23:49 PM »

A lot of the guys running the national rigs seem to use a combo condenser/dynamic kick drum mic type of setup. The FOH Tech for Toby Keith even used a Beta 52, a Beta 91 and a Yamaha Sub kick at We-Fest this last summer in detroit lakes mn. It was a pretty cool mix, I got to chill @ FOH with him, and he was pretty cool. It was an interesting mix to play around with, it was great.
Eric Nelson

Rickk Kreuzer

« Reply #53 on: November 27, 2005, 09:27:04 PM »

Eric Nelson wrote on Sun, 27 November 2005 03:23

A lot of the guys running the national rigs seem to use a combo condenser/dynamic kick drum mic type of setup. The FOH Tech for Toby Keith even used a Beta 52, a Beta 91 and a Yamaha Sub kick at We-Fest this last summer in detroit lakes mn. It was a pretty cool mix, I got to chill @ FOH with him, and he was pretty cool. It was an interesting mix to play around with, it was great.

When they were here in Phoenix a few , he used a D6 just off the beater, a D112 in the hole, and the Yami Sub Kick.

francois pare

« Reply #54 on: January 13, 2006, 09:38:56 AM »

Hi all,

I have to say i always use two mics. Beta 91 inside and a Beta 52 or D112 outside in the hole. now obviously you can't polish a turd so tuning is important.

take care

Sage Plakosh

« Reply #55 on: February 18, 2006, 05:43:53 AM »

The RE20 is a great mic if you want your kick drum to sound like a monkey beating on a suitcase with a rubber mallet. Laughing  Rolling Eyes

If you want it to sound like a kick drum, go for the Audix D6 or an E602 from sennheiser.
In the end, it's all about the time.

Suso Ramallo

« Reply #56 on: February 27, 2006, 09:35:17 AM »

Hello,

With front open kick drums (Skin with a hole), I usually use inside the kick a omni microphone, for example a TC30K from Earthworks, this offers me better bass extension (You need to tie the sub-bass system), fast response with better definition on the bass than conventional cardioid dinamic mic. With close front (No hole), I get very good results with the Eartworks SR25, with or without the inline kick eq.

Regards
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 17 queries.