ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Yamaha LS9-32 Stolen  (Read 9496 times)

John Cordogiannes

Yamaha LS9-32 Stolen
« on: January 14, 2011, 12:58:49 AM »

Sorry that my first post has to be such a bummer, but I just wanted to give a heads up to the sound reinforcement community that a Yamaha LS9-32 digital mixing console was stolen during Too White Crew's load in at Giovanni's in Rockford, IL last Friday night. It's certainly a tough loss so we're trying to get the word out. The serial number is LIKELY one of these three (we're working on this): UCAMZ01110, UCANK01007 or UCAMZ01094. There was a road case with it -- which of course may or may not be offered with it, a Shure SM58, XLR light and other accessories in the case. The most unique item in the thief's possession is a product called MIDI Link from MIDILite. It's a little black box (the size of a couple packs of cigarettes) that converts MIDI signal from digital to analog on one board's of a snake and reversed on the other. This is fairly uncommon piece of equipment and they only have one-half of the product so no one's going to know what to do with this. We've already notified the inventor of the product, Yamaha and everyone we can in the musical community. The mixing console also has a SNAGG microchip locator so things might start getting interesting soon if that product does what it should.

Please reply or notify the Rockford Police Department at 815.987.5902 if you hear anything. It's going to resurface...whether or not the thieves planned on it. We're offering a $200 reward to the person who rats out the sh^thead who stole it and helps us retrieve it. Our goal? To make sure that if we can't get it back, at least the thief won't be able to talk about it or fence it without a noose coming around his neck.

Thank you!

William R. Conturo

Re: Yamaha LS9-32 Stolen
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2011, 03:56:18 AM »

Bummer :'( , I wish I could help out. Keep us up to date. What a shame. I am interested to hear about the effectiveness of that SNAGG chip though, I have never seen or heard of one that needed to be used. Should get very interesting. I think a bunch of guitar manufacturers are putting those things in there guitars now too.  Good luck.

Ohh, oops.. I probably shouldn't have replied until I saw a first and last name in the name field, I am actually new so it's not my place to tell anyone to do that though.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2011, 04:04:07 AM by William R. Conturo »
- Billy C

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2011, 11:04:25 AM »

Sorry that my first post has to be such a bummer,

Sorry you didn't read the rules.

Please go to your profile and change the name field to your real full name.

Mac

Jan Andersson

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2011, 12:40:50 AM »

i tend to "customize" my gear so that if someone decides to "swap owners".. it can be tracked and identified pretty easily..

George Dougherty

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2011, 03:35:35 PM »

Sorry you didn't read the rules.

Please go to your profile and change the name field to your real full name.

Mac

Any way forum registration can have the full name field added instead of automatically using the username?  The welcome to the forums email might also include a link to change it and instructions about this.

I like having real names on the forums but it seems a little backwards to require it but not give an option up front.

Mac Kerr

• Old enough to know better
  • Administrator
  • Audio Plumber
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2011, 04:24:01 PM »

Any way forum registration can have the full name field added instead of automatically using the username?  The welcome to the forums email might also include a link to change it and instructions about this.

I like having real names on the forums but it seems a little backwards to require it but not give an option up front.

That is being looked into.

Mac

Mark Sexton

• Sacramento, CA
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2011, 08:16:10 PM »

That is being looked into.

Mac
And there was much rejoicing
Mark Sexton

System Designer/Operations Manager
Alive Media

ProSoundWeb Community

« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2011, 08:16:10 PM »

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 25 queries.