ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Did I get the correct crossover for this sound setup at my church?  (Read 2910 times)

webe123

Hello! There is a question I need answered.  At our church, we currently have a center cluster of two 15 inch speakers with horns in the front of the church platform. What we are wanting to do, is to add 18 inch subs to the mix and go to a basic three-way setup.(highs ,mids and lows) Now you guys that are very knowledgeable about live sound....please be patient with me as I am not even the sound person, but the guitar player. So if you give me answers, please make them as non-technical as you can.

The other day, I bought a Behringer crossover model CX3400 so that we could use it to make our system a three way system consisting of horns in the two top cabniets (for the highs) the 15 inch speakers (also in the two top cabniets) (for the mids) and finally we have 18 inch suboofers (for the lows).

My question is this....can we use the Behringer cx3400 for a 3 way MONO system? Because I read later on that it was 4 WAY MONO not 3 way MONO....but I also read that the Behringer CX2310 was a three way mono crossover. So I need to know if this model (the Behringer CX2300) will work in a three way setup?  Or do we need to take it back and get the Behringer CX2310?  Any help you could give would be appreciated. Thanks.

Al Limberg

Re: Did I get the correct crossover for this sound setup at my church?
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2005, 10:39:51 AM »

Think of it a two 3-way mono crossovers rather that a stereo three-way.  Simply use one channel of it.

Al
If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get one million miles to the gallon, and explode once a year killing everyone inside - Robert X. Cringely

webe123

Re: Did I get the correct crossover for this sound setup at my church?
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2005, 11:30:25 AM »

Al Limberg wrote on Sat, 08 January 2005 15:39

Think of it a two 3-way mono crossovers rather that a stereo three-way.  Simply use one channel of it.

Al

Oh, I see. Thanks for that info. I am glad we can still use it then!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 21 queries.