ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Subwoofer Comparison for small systems. VERY LONG!  (Read 15078 times)

Gary Perrett

Re: Subwoofer Comparison for small systems. VERY LONG!
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2005, 11:58:34 AM »

As far as the table tuba goes it was just finished the day I wrote the blog. In fact the review woofer was actually 10" "eclipse" stamped frame's that arent really all that much. You see, my son built the cabs @ a cabinet shop in MPLS and I had the HL10's delivered here, some 200 miles north. Even with the lesser drivers in the "Lasertainment' workshop, where my son works, he said stuff was "dancing off the shelves and workbench's".

Cory(my son)brought one into the venue I work @ (with again the Eclipse loaded) and we hooked it up to the RMX 4050 and it was VERY impressive( within the volume level we were running pre recorded music with/pre show) To be honest I was setting the band and didn't even notice a change when he switched over from my two LABsubs!( Again,we were just running 'break music', and I'm quite sure he compensated for the single sub-VS-labs, and it was in the middle of the room...just wanted to clarify that, but still it really was convincing!)

I have the cabs here now and will reload them as soon as possible, I am however in a race with mother nature to get my new shop built. I have only 2 right now, but I presume I will be eager to build 2 more for some serious comparisons...we have a couple tuba 24's and auto tubas to test as well.

I will get back when I can.
Gary
We the few who have done so much, for so long, with so little, now feel we can do everything with nothing...

[x]

« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2005, 08:27:31 AM »

[x]
I've said and written things in the past that I wouldn't throw away in my own trash can for fear that you'd find them. My name is mud.

Dave Rickard

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2005, 11:35:12 AM »

Gary Perrett wrote on Wed, 14 September 2005 09:58

I have the cabs here now and will reload them as soon as possible, I am however in a race with mother nature to get my new shop built. I have only 2 right now, but I presume I will be eager to build 2 more for some serious comparisons...we have a couple tuba 24's and auto tubas to test as well.

I will get back when I can.
Gary

Gary,

Please do.  I'm sure I'm not alone in my interest in your post and Wayne's shootout.

Hope your shop building goes well,
Dave
Dave
Yorkville dealer

"The wrong piece of gear, at the right price, is still the wrong piece of gear."

"If you don't have good stuff at each end of the signal chain, (mics and speakers) what you use in between is just turd polish."--Dave Dermont

Michael Young

« Reply #23 on: September 19, 2005, 09:51:08 AM »

Just wanted to say thanks for the positive feedback gaerth.
I have a few things to add since the original post.

I now use the Yorkvilles and the tubas together for larger events. They play together very happily, since I have a Rane RPM26Z processor to time align & eq them properly.
I also do use the Mackie SRS1500s alone for smaller gigs.

I have to say, I'm still impressed with how low the tuba 24s go for as small as they are. and they only weigh about 75 lbs!

Anyways, even though I'm sure I'll get slammed, I thought I'd post a picture of the system as used at a wedding for 400 this past weekend.index.php/fa/2565/0/

Douglas R. Allen

• http://-
« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2005, 05:37:58 AM »

Michael the DJ wrote on Mon, 19 September 2005 09:51

Just wanted to say thanks for the positive feedback gaerth.
I have a few things to add since the original post.

I now use the Yorkvilles and the tubas together for larger events. They play together very happily, since I have a Rane RPM26Z processor to time align & eq them properly.
I also do use the Mackie SRS1500s alone for smaller gigs.

I have to say, I'm still impressed with how low the tuba 24s go for as small as they are. and they only weigh about 75 lbs!

Anyways, even though I'm sure I'll get slammed, I thought I'd post a picture of the system as used at a wedding for 400 this past weekend.

Although I have been steady in live sound for 17 years or so I did the DJ company thing for 6 years or so at the same time.
Your rig looks clean and well thought out. I am concerned with the lights on the Mid High speakers and the Cup? mounts on the Yorkville subs. How stable are they? You don't want that much weight falling on a 3 year old at a wedding.

Mix safe.

Kindest Regards
Douglas R. Allen
Allen Audio

"The worst thing is."
"You can't teach common sense."
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 17 queries.