ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bag End Loudspeakers  (Read 2482 times)

[x]

Bag End Loudspeakers
« on: November 20, 2004, 08:58:39 PM »

What is your opinion of Bag End stuff? It commands a very high price, and it doesn't seem all that remarkable on the outside. For the price you pay ($2300 for their Opal 12"+1"HF enclosure), they had better sound excellent. Also, I wonder how they get off selling the companion procesor to their INFRA subwoofers for $1200, just for the processor, when their dual-18" subwoofer is also $1800.

http://www.bagend.com
I've said and written things in the past that I wouldn't throw away in my own trash can for fear that you'd find them. My name is mud.

Bryan Roberts

Re: Bag End Loudspeakers
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2004, 03:37:57 AM »

I have only ever used their 12 and horn monitor and their quad 18" which was a great sub. Both sounded great to me. The ELF system is pretty stinkin good but I haven't ever seen it on a professional rental rig, just in installs and that was mostly churches.

bryan
Bryan Roberts
Sound Dork

John Chiara

Re: Bag End Loudspeakers
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2004, 03:24:30 PM »

tallboypro wrote on Sun, 21 November 2004 08:37

I have only ever used their 12 and horn monitor and their quad 18" which was a great sub. Both sounded great to me. The ELF system is pretty stinkin good but I haven't ever seen it on a professional rental rig, just in installs and that was mostly churches.

bryan

I have a Bag End ELF sub in the studio..pretty much the best, most accurate lowend you can get...just not very efficient. A friend just put together an ELF live setup with 2x18 and 2x21's. I haven't heard it or mixed on it yet but in the right size room I'm sure it will be great. Low distortion, in phase and deep real bass has a cost. For my tates..no money could be better spent.

"mix is a verb, not a noun" Sooo, as Aunt Bea would say.."Get to it!!!"

John A. Chiara aka. Blind Johnny
Albany Audio Associates Inc.
Troy, NY
518-961-0069 - cell
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.02 seconds with 20 queries.