ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Yorkville Elite LS1208  (Read 24940 times)

Jay Rigby

Re: Yorkville Elite LS1208
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2004, 09:43:29 PM »

Delay the tops....I have heard more of people delaying the bottoms, not the tops, am I wrong?
Jay Rigby

Michael_Elliston¶

• http://www.geocities.com/xobt
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2004, 01:12:58 AM »

hi rigbybmj
The bass is already delayed,by virtue of the ~3metre long horn length,so 'everything else' must be delayed by the same amount as that,in order to not cause errors in the time domain.

This is assuming that the drivers are mounted on a stack. The basshorn delay can be nullified also,by placement not just digital time delay on the tops.

Brian Adams

« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2004, 11:45:44 AM »

Alaric wrote on Thu, 18 November 2004 18:21

While we are on the topic of Yorkville subs, I have been looking at the Yorkville Elite LS800P.

Has anyone heard these?  Any opinions?  I am looking to use them with my Mackie 1530s for an audience of no more than 400 people.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

rcl

I use a pair of LS800P's, with pair of EF500P's, and I think they would work well for you.  You'll be suprised how much thump you can get from them, especially if your reference is to Mackie powered subs.
B.

Rodd Lowell

« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2004, 09:00:22 PM »

I appreciate your help!  Yea, I was looking at them as an alternative to the Mackie powered subs.

The only thing that I will have to get is an external crossover.  I am looking at Rane as a possible crossover.

Rodd

JeremyW

« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2004, 10:05:59 PM »

Ariac,

If you're using a pair of LS800Ps, you won't need the external crossover as the sub's processing takes care of that. Simply link the XLR out of the Sub into the input of your powered speakers. Voila.

Check out page 2 in the manual.
http://www.yorkville.com/downloads/manuals/omls800p.pdf

Good luck

Brian Adams

« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2004, 10:25:12 PM »

True, that will work.  However, I think you'll be much happier with an external crossover.  Personally, I run my subs on an aux, so a real crossover is nice, and I don't think the slope on the internal filter is steep enough for my taste, although I'm not sure exactly what it is.
B.

Jeff Knorr - Cobra Sound

• http://cobrasound.com
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2004, 05:00:39 PM »

Alaric wrote on Thu, 18 November 2004 13:21

While we are on the topic of Yorkville subs, I have been looking at the Yorkville Elite LS800P.

Has anyone heard these?  Any opinions?  I am looking to use them with my Mackie 1530s for an audience of no more than 400 people.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

rcl

We have 4 of the LS800PB (painted version) subs.  They are very good for the money and easily outshine their Mackie counterparts.  I just shipped four LS800P's to two different customers this week!

Please let me know if you have any other questions on them.

Jeff
Cobra Sound
An authorized Allen&Heath, Ashly Audio, Audio-Technica, Audix, Da-Lite, Danley Sound Labs, FBT, Mackie, QSC Audio, RCF, Sabine, Sennheiser, Whirlwind, and Yorkville Sound dealer.

Steve Shafer

Yorkville LS 1208 and UCS1
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2004, 06:31:13 PM »

Jeff & LAB members:

I have heard good things about the LS1208 ie that it is loud and that it is a tremendous value.  It seems to be one of the least expensive horn loaded 18 subs that I have been able to find.  However, I have also heard that it is not the most transparent and undistorted bass box.  What would be a good street price for an LS1208 carpeted and finished?

Now Yorkville has the new UCS1 a 1000 watt horn loaded 15" Sub to match the Unity series.  Has any one heard these boxes?  Tonatlity wise are they an improvement over the LS1208?  What is the "street price" for these boxes.

Thanks

Steve S

Scott Hibbard

Re: Yorkville LS 1208 and UCS1
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2004, 11:42:19 PM »

Hi Steve,

Speaking from experience, the LS1208 is a true value in the world of professional audio.  As far as distortion goes, give it enough power, cross it properly and it will produce some significant SPL all night.  I used them in a club and never a hint of distortion.  Street price carpeted should be around $650-$750 usually add $ 100 for ultrathene finish.  The UCS1 is new so I haven't heard it yet or pricing related to it, but looks like a nice box.  Don't think it will get as loud or go as low as the LS1208 but it's apparently smaller and probably easier to move for smaller sound co's.

ScottH

Jay Rigby

Re: Yorkville LS 1208 and UCS1
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2004, 07:14:07 PM »

Hey Guys,

I have 2 LS 1208's and 2 of the discontinued LS 908's.  The 1208's are amazing.  I run them off an aux, low passing between 70 and 75hz.  They get powered off a bridged QSC RMX 2450 (2400 watts) and they kick!  Indoors and outdoors they will thump your chest from 100 feet away.  When you couple the two boxes togther, they go down easily to 35hz.  I have never had any problem with distortion on these boxes ever.  I think they are by far the best bang for your buck out there!
Jay Rigby
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.046 seconds with 19 queries.