ProSoundWeb Community

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]   Go Down

Author Topic: BillFitzmaurice DIY15" alleged to compete with Lab Sub????  (Read 61378 times)

[x]

Re: BillFitzmaurice DIY15" alleged to compete with Lab Sub????
« Reply #120 on: December 03, 2004, 11:56:04 PM »

I have a theory about horn flare rates, based on my own experimentation: A gradual horn flare tends to rely more on horn loading, while a dramatic horn flare like my early Crusher designs used takes more advantage of quarter-wave resonances. I am going to try to strike a balance between these two, to use a resonant peak at 45 Hz to strengthen the low end output of the crusher a little bit, but I think I remember hearing the quarter-wave resonance is less damped than the horn loading, so I don't want to overdo it or else it will be like a big Bose wave cannon, capable of "drone" or one-note bass but not much else. When you take a look at the tuba, I think it has a very dramatic horn flare, so as a result there is a lot of quarter wave resonances affecting things.
I've said and written things in the past that I wouldn't throw away in my own trash can for fear that you'd find them. My name is mud.

Mikael Holm (the old one)

• http://Mikael Holm
Re: APPLES and ORANGES!
« Reply #121 on: December 04, 2004, 08:58:58 PM »

mike_nz wrote on Wed, 24 November 2004 02:21

Although i enjoy measurements + listening experience/reports
-because no manufacturer posts distortion graphs of completed subwoofers no one will post them on their site.

Turbosound publishes the distortion figures (has done that over a decade) on their website and specsheets. Nexo has them in the user manuals (i have downloaded the manuals for Geo S, Geo T, Alpha and PS-series).

Miffe, gearslut, independent sound engineer, small business owner

Michael_Elliston¶

• http://www.geocities.com/xobt
Re: APPLES and ORANGES!
« Reply #122 on: December 10, 2004, 05:21:01 AM »

Hi Mikael

SLight exaggeration,'no manufacturer'

Re: turbosound -
Id never noticed it before
i did 'sign up' for something with nexo in order to get more info-but the site isnt so simple,cant find stuff like that.

I see some of the Flight series stuff at outdoor gigs in UK - havent seen anywhere else though. Funktion1 is different.

Il take a look at the FTP part of turbosound.

Cheers!
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]   Go Up

Site Hosted By Ashdown Technologies, Inc.

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 20 queries.